I love Trumba, and we use it to mail a list server for our PTO.

The problem I have is that the weekly scheduled mailings span last week and next week. Is there a way to have the mailing span only the next two weeks?

Thanks! :mellow:

Hi niskypto. Thanks for posting your question in the forums.

It might help to know the exact settings that you have for your calendar email.

Most likely, the problem is the day that you are sending the email message. For example, if your calendar is set so the first day is Sunday and you are sending out the calendar email on Thursday, the email will include events from Sunday through Thursday of the current week (past events to people who receive the email on Thursday).

If you click Email above your calendar and then click Edit Schedule, you can see the day you set up the email to be sent. You can solve the problem by sending the email earlier in the week.

If you don't want to change the day the calendar is sent, you can consider changing the first day of the week you have the calendar set for. If you click Settings above your calendar, under Display options, you can choose the first day of the week for the calendar. Set that to match the day you send out your calendar.

If you try one of those things and it doesn't solve the problem, please let us know and give a list of the settings you use for your calendar email.

Connie

Connie,

Thanks for your response on this. Your workaround works. The downside is that you have a calendar that starts its display on Wednesday instead of Sunday or Monday. Is there anyway to deal with this without having a second calendar for the correct display?

I'd like to suggest that the correct behavior is for the emails to send the information about the "next" week as opposed to "this" week. This was the behavior I expected.

Dean

Hi Dinobrago.

You're right that this is definitely not an ideal solution if you publish your calendar in Week or Month view. The published calendar ends up starting on a day that is very weird for most calendar visitors.

I have filed a bug on this. I think you're right that the events sent out should be the NEXT week or two week not the CURRENT week. I'm not sure what the result of this will be but I'll try to post what I hear here.

Thanks.

Connie

Hi Dinobrago, niskypto, and others.

I have talked with the developers about this and we are going to make some changes to the time period options for calendar emails.

The way it looks like it will work is that, in the future, if you choose 2 weeks worth of events, the email will include events that occur the day after your email is sent and then 2 full weeks from that day.

I can't give any specifics about when the changes will be made but the problem is being addressed. Thanks for bringing it up.

Connie