Sign in to follow this  
wyndwoman

Printing a published calendar

I can save my church office staff a great deal of time if I can get a month's calendar to fit all on one page for inclusion in the monthly newsletter. It works for some months, and is almost there for others.

Take a look at: http://www.trumba.com/calendars/concord_uu...amp;media=print

This is the print page for October. In page setup, change the orientation to Landscape, and squish the top and bottom margins down to about .3 and remove the header and footer. Now click page preview.

It almost fits on one page.

Look at the Sunday column. There are a number of event titles that fit on one line, but have a blank line after them. I'm thinking that if those blank lines weren't there, everything would fit.

Is there a reason for the blank lines? Is there a way to suppress them?

Hi wyndwoman. Sorry you're having printing problems. We don't have great printing solutions for calendars at this moment.

I don't think those are blank lines that you're seeing on the calendar. I think they are the event backgrounds but the color is white. For example, take a look at Monday and you can see that the gray events have text that is only one line long but the event background takes up two lines.

As far as I know, there is no way to change the space that background occupies.

I tried changing the template to Compact List, 3 Columns, List, etc. to see if any of the template displays would make it easier to fit the events on one page but those displays are actually worse in terms of taking up page space.

Using Internet Explorer and a color printer, I was able to get the calendar onto one printed landscape page (couldn't get the same result with FireFox). The printer I used had a scale option and I scaled the calendar to 90%.

Another possibility, if you have a screen capture program, is to take a capture of the calendar and then scale the resulting image and print it.

I don't have any other great suggestions to offer. Jill, Anne, or Nancy please weigh in if you have a better suggestion.

Connie

Hi guys,

For what it's worth, I like Connie's screen shot idea. Seems the best or maybe only option for displaying the entire calendar in a strictly defined area on a printed page (where you can't use any of the event actions anyway).

Jill

Connie's idea for scaling at the printer is a great one. I have a cheap pdf producer that allows you to scale as it creates the file. So even if the office doesn't have a printer that will scale (I haven't had a chance to check) I can always send them a pdf file to be printed and included in the newsletter.

Phew!

Thanks for the tip.