34 replies to this topic

#21 Jill

Jill

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:13 PM

Hi Scott,
Did you try to make any style changes on your calendar in the past? Did you notice whether the background color of the event details changed? The labels still exist, but it sounds like they somehow got to be the same color as the background of your event details, or somehow the styles didn't transfer over properly. If you create a new calendar, add a test event, and publish it, do you see the same problem?

If you can post a link to your calendar, that might help (or send via PM if you don't want it publicized).

Jill / Trumba UA

#22 Guest_Scott Clasen_*

Guest_Scott Clasen_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:24 AM

Jill,

Well, through trial and error I determined under the "edit fonts and colors" within the Publish Settings, the Template Sub-Group--Global Sub-Group Text Color determines the color of the event description labels. For some reason, the color was set at white, not sure why, I never touched it. But I changed it to black and that did the trick. Thanks for your suggestions and help! I absolutely, positively LOVE this calendar and it's exactly what my organization (multi-purpose sports facility) needed to show our various events and programs.

I also agree with many of the other posts that the previous five-step publishing process was much more intuitive and easier to use. If you could incorporate all the new customization features within that look and feel, you'd have an even bigger winner.

Edited by Scott Clasen, 12 October 2006 - 06:48 AM.

#23 Gary

Gary

Advanced Member

• Trumba Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:19 AM

Hi Trumba folks...

Looks like the event colors problem is fixed now. Thanks.

Here's a couple more:

1. Looks like I can change the colors of all the heading fonts, except for the "Mixed-In Calendars" heading. You can see what I mean by checking my test calendar at www.trumba.com/calendars/LakotaWestBandsTEST. The other headings are changed to gray, but the Mixed-In Calendars heading remains in green.

2. There are two types of links that do not allow you to change colors:

When you've allowed multiple event selection, the "Select all, none" link remains in blue.

When you click to view a specific event, the "Return to ________ calendar" link remains in blue.

Thanks, Gary

#24 Gary

Gary

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:01 AM

Argh...

I was merrily customizing my "real calendar" using the beta options, when I suddenly was stopped with this message:

"We're sorry, we are unable to complete your request.
An error report has been created and we will work to correct this problem as soon as possible.
Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,
The Trumba Team"

I can no longer reach the beta publishing settings at all. Is this a broader problem or is it just me?

Thanks, Gary

#25 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:24 AM

Hi Gary,
Ugh, I'm sorry you got that message. Are you still not able to get to the settings? When I checked just now, I was able to get to them.

Here are a couple other things that I would try:
Disable the beta settings for your calendar, go into the old pub wizard, go back to the calendar, re-enable the beta settings, and go back into the new pub pages. Any difference?
Create a new test calendar, enable the beta settings on that one, and see if it gives you the new pages.
If you can access the new pages with the new test calendar, and you remember what made the message appear with the other one, try to reproduce it on the new calendar.
In the unlikely event that you didn't try this already, maybe sign out, close the browser, and sign back in to see if it makes a difference? (Make sure that you do explicitly sign out, don't just close the browser.)
If you're able to, try a different browser or a different computer.

I'm sorry I don't know why you wouldn't be able to get back into the beta pages. Let me know if you find out anything more, particularly if you have a case that you can reproduce on demand.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi again, Gary,
Thanks for these observations! I'll make sure dev gets them.

Jill

#26 Gary

Gary

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:05 PM

Jill, thanks!

The problem I'm having is with my primary calendar www.trumba.com/calendars/LakotaWestBands

I enabled the beta features, and made all my customizations and returned to my main calendar page. Then, when I tried to get back into the Publish settings, I got the error message. I am still getting the message...and I also get the message when I go into my calendar settings and attempt to disable the Beta features.

I have signed out, signed back on, rebooted, cleared my temporary files, etc. etc. I am stuck....

Gary

Edited by Gary, 13 October 2006 - 12:07 PM.

#27 Frank

Frank

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:13 PM

I noticed that the calendar list, if you add the mix to the Performance Schedule (I haven't tried it with other calendar options) is all in one column. Since I have 10 or 11 calendars, that many lines takes up a lot of space on a Web page. Two columns, which I had before the beta version, was tolerable. I could have spread the calendar out to 3 columns but I site was set up for those using 800x600 resolution [there are still some out there java script:emoticon(':)', 'smid_3')
:))

Two things. Can the beta version be switched back to having 2/3 columns for the calendar list? Also, could the width become adjustable to allow users to set up the calendar list into 2, 3, or perhaps even 4 columns. Actually it would be great to have an option of the number of columns and the calendar list width adjust automatically to accommodate the width of the browser? That's a lot, I know, but at least, allow the beta version to accommodate to two columns.

You may view my calendar at www.foundersdistrict.org.

#28 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:26 AM

Hi Frank,
I'm sorry for the delay in reply!

I just looked at your calendar and it's showing two columns for the mix-ins. Do you see the same?

I can report a feature request for your other comments. I think it'd be nice to be able to set a number of columns in the "standalone" mix-in spud as well.

Jill / Trumba UA

#29 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:40 AM

Hi Gary,
Could you let me know if this issue has been resolved with this week's release?

Jill / Trumba UA

#30 Frank

Frank

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:46 AM

Apparently it has been fixed. I now have two columns on my calendar. I would really like to have 3 columns so I hope my feature request will be considered.

Hi Frank,
I'm sorry for the delay in reply!

I just looked at your calendar and it's showing two columns for the mix-ins. Do you see the same?

I can report a feature request for your other comments. I think it'd be nice to be able to set a number of columns in the "standalone" mix-in spud as well.

Jill / Trumba UA

#31 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

Hi again, Frank,
I misspoke about this. The way it works already, as you widen your calendar, the mix ins stretch along with it. The list always stays as wide as the calendar spud (because it's part of the spud in this case). It's just that the space in which your main spud is embedded allows only two columns. What it looks like might be more valuable in your case is for the columns to be narrower or adjust to the size of the text inside them. I don't know how feasible that is, but I'll ask. :)

Jill / Trumba UA

#32 Frank

Frank

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:49 PM

I understand this because I have another site with 3 columns. As you stated, as you widen the calendar, the mix-in expands to 3 or more columns but my interest is to shorten the fix length of the calendar list. With the www.foundersdistrict.org site, I have limited the calendar width so that the page can be viewed within a 800x600 resolution screen (there are still people at this resolution). By having a variable length list, then one could choose the number of columns rather than adjusting the width of the calendar.

Hi again, Frank,
I misspoke about this. The way it works already, as you widen your calendar, the mix ins stretch along with it. The list always stays as wide as the calendar spud (because it's part of the spud in this case). It's just that the space in which your main spud is embedded allows only two columns. What it looks like might be more valuable in your case is for the columns to be narrower or adjust to the size of the text inside them. I don't know how feasible that is, but I'll ask. :D

Jill / Trumba UA

#33 John Freed

John Freed
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:54 PM

Hi, Jill. I believe Gary had already replied that the issue was fixed. I can report, however, that it is NOT fixed for my calendars. Perhaps it is because I use subcalendars. In any case, the problem still exists.

Edited by John Freed, 23 October 2006 - 02:32 PM.

#34 John Freed

John Freed
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:42 AM

never mind ... it is fixed, I just had to re-do all the colors on the Edit Colors page to be the way I wanted them! Sorry about that.

Background color is still broken for the 5-Week Calendar. I would really like to be able to use it again!

#35 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

Hi John,
Thanks for the clarification! (I know, all the different style settings are a little overwhelming at first.)

I'm sorry the 5 Week view issue hasn't gotten addressed yet. One of our developers is taking a look into it right now. I'll update this thread when I find out more.

Jill / Trumba UA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users