Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Filter spud

I am initially using the free version of the calendar and trying to embed a spud into a web page which automatically filters the calendar entries according to the data in the description field. I can do this via a URL, and I can use the standard filter spud to allow visitors to make a filtered selection from the full calendar using the drop-down menu. However I have web pages where I need to directly provide filtered information without the need for the visitor to make a selection.

Please can anyone help?

Hi Roderick. Thanks for posting to the forums.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you can do what you want by adding some arguments to the embedded code for the calendar.

You can find a description of the arguments in How the spud code works and how to customize it.

The spud code in the Help topic might look a little different from the code you're used to. We're switching to new (improved) code and it won't hurt to begin using the new code on pages on your site, even if other pages use the old code. (You can see how the new publishing model works by turning on Beta features for your published calendars. For more information, see How to enable your account to test beta features.)

Here's an example of how your calendar spud code might look. In this example, you're embedding a calendar with the webname "ajenza" pre-filtered for events that are taught by a specific instructor (one of the values listed in an Instructor filter you created):

<script type="text/javascript">

$Trumba.addSpud(

{ webName: "ajenza",

spudType: "main",

url: { filter1: "Master Wu"} });

</script>

You can also use arguments to filter the events that display to events from one specific calendar that you have mixed in. You can learn more about the mix argument here. This topic describes URL parameters but you can also use the parameters as arguments in spud code, as the example above shows.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Connie

I am initially using the free version of the calendar and trying to embed a spud into a web page which automatically filters the calendar entries according to the data in the description field. I can do this via a URL, and I can use the standard filter spud to allow visitors to make a filtered selection from the full calendar using the drop-down menu. However I have web pages where I need to directly provide filtered information without the need for the visitor to make a selection.

Please can anyone help?

Thank you for your helpful reply. I am currently away from home but will try this out when I return. It looks like the solution I need. Thank you.