I have a similar question about layout options for the e-mails. Some of my e-mail suscribers get events that look like the following. Problem is that the way the end-time and days of the week are lined up, it's very confusing. For instance, it looks like the Coffee Talk starts at 5:55 pm on Wednesday, when actually it starts at 8am. This is not a matter of html formatting being allowed in the e-mail or not, otherwise the "plus" signs wouldn't show up.

Hi you two,

At the moment there are no email templates, but we will be working on adding them in the future. Right now you can actually use HTML formatting in your email message. It only affects the text that you add, not the actual calendar, which is send in a list format, similar to the List publishing template. [Edited to add link to HTML formatting Help topic].

Highlander, the way the email appears in different email clients on the recipient end is largely up to the client application. If you can give more details about when the email appears as it does in your image (thanks for including the image, by the way), that might help us figure out if there's something you can do on the Trumba end to make it appear differently.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Highlander,

I'm afraid I don't have very good news. Our developers told me that we do not test with Eudora, and my understanding of what they said is that Eudora's HTML handling isn't as sophisticated as it could be (and it's not actually displaying the HTML that we give it). So officially it's not a supported client. They said they can look into it, though, but it probably will be at least a few weeks before they can. I'm sorry for the bad news, and I'm sorry that setting the duration to zero didn't work, either.

One other possibility is to ask the person using Eudora if there's a setting in the program that allows you to read messages in plain text. We do send a plain text alternative if the client is set to read it, so that might format the information differently than the HTML version they're getting.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Highlander,

I'm afraid I don't know right now when this issue will be addressed. As I said in the earlier message, my understanding of the problem, based on what the developer told me, is that Eudora is not very adept at HTML in general, and it isn't actually displaying the code that Trumba is sending it. So because of that, and because each calendar is different, I wouldn't assume that the global solution is to add a non-breaking space to text that goes from your calendar into the email format. Maybe they're even two separate fields, who knows. My point is that it more likely involves a fair amount of research and work, if it's even decided that it's something that we can address on our end.

I'm sorry that I don't have better news, but if I am misunderstanding the issue or find out that this will be addressed soon, I can let you know.

Jill / Trumba UA