Sign in to follow this  

Browser Won't Load Calendar List View

I have several calendars published in Trumba, and have place spuds in my sites html.

When some of my users attempt to load the pages, their browser either hangs, or displays "Loading" for a while, gives a "Done" indication in the status bar, but displays none of the calendar data. I suspect it's their browser/security settings, but can't find a summary on the Trumba pages of how to advise consumers/users to configure their browsers for successful use.

URL is www.CrossroadsTapestry.org where we host an event calendar.

Larry

Hi LarryL.

I tried loading your page in three different browsers and in each case it loaded very quickly.

You can cause the calendar and other spuds not to load at all by having your browser set to disable Script or Javascript but then you don't see the Loading... message at all.

Do you know if the people having trouble all use the same browser and what browser it is?

The issues I can think of are that they might be using a pretty old version of a browser or that they are connecting by dial up and having time out problems because the connection is too slow.

Does any of this apply in the situation of the people having trouble with your site?

Connie

I thought I would jump in here. I seem to be having the same problem that LarryL had. I noticed that it was resolved on his site. I'm working on a test site (joomla) that should not be live but I would like you to take a look to see if you might have any suggestions as to how I would get the upcoming spud to load. I am unable to see it in firefox & ie6. I'm wondering if it is a javascript conflict ... I look forward to your reply.

http://library.highgatevt.org. (using newer spud code, old code did not work)

the spuds seem to work fine on highgatevt.org (using older spud code)