Jamie

Shared Calendar Events - duplicate entries not visible

I'm keeping a calendar for my boss and putting in double entries for all events so he can pull one of them into his Outlook calendar, and leave one on Trumba calendar. I have double entries for all events, but he's only seeing one entry. How can I ensure that he will see two entries? I'm using the pull-down option "copy event."

Any thoughts?

Hi Jamie,

Could you provide a little bit more info? When you copy events, do both of them appear on the same calendar, or are you putting one event on one calendar and the other on another calendar? How is your boss looking at the events?

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Jill, thanks for your reply. My boss invited me to share his calendar with him so I can schedule events for him. Every time I enter an event, I perform a "copy event" and I can see the duplicate entries on my screen. But, he can only see one entry on his screen. (I am seeing 2 entries, he's only seeing 1) He would like to see 2 entries for the same event so that he can grab & drop one of the entries into his Outlook calendar on his desktop, leaving the other to remain in Trumba. Does this make sense?

Hi Jamie,

Could you provide a little bit more info? When you copy events, do both of them appear on the same calendar, or are you putting one event on one calendar and the other on another calendar? How is your boss looking at the events?

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your clarification. It does make sense, and I see the same thing that you do. My guess is that it shows that way for your boss because it's the same event in the same time slot.

However, that actually doesn't really matter in the context of what you want to do. What does matter is that there isn't a way to copy or drag & drop an event from an unpublished Trumba calendar to an Outlook calendar. Without publishing your calendar, the only way to get the event to your boss's calendar would be for him to, from his shared view, choose to email the event to himself, but when the email (event action) dialog box appears, he could select the option to add the event to his calendar instead of emailing it to himself. He can do this in the Month view by clicking the down arrow on the event and choosing Email to Friends. If the calendar is published, he can easily add the event to Outlook or other web-based calendars from the published calendar.

I hope that helps.

Jill / Trumba UA