How to have an event display on only one calendar

I am using the Trumba calendars for a school district. There is a main calendar for the entire district and 10 calendars, one for each of the 10 schools in the district. I want to put an event on one of the school calendars and have it show up only on that one calendar. It currently shows up on the district calendar when I have all the others mixed in unless I mark it as private. But when I mark it as private, it doesn't show up on the published school calendar. Is there a way to make it only show up on the one school calendar?

Do you have this situation come up often? If so, one possible solution is to change your calendar structure a bit.

Instead of mixing in all of the 10 school-specific calendars into the district calendar, try this when you're setting up events and do not have that calendar mix-in to your District calendar.

• If an event on a school calendar should also show on the district calendar, click the "Also shows on" box next to District Calendar. If it should not show on the district calendar, don't click that box.
  • If you have a lot of events and few of them fall into this category, it's probably not worth it to make this structural change. You'd have to go through each event that's already posted and change each one.
  • On the other hand, if most of your school events should NOT be on the District Calendar, this may be the way to go.

I thought of one other possibility if you've only got a few events to handle differently.

• Under the individual school calendar, create a sub-calendar for shool-specific events. Put the school-specific event on it.
  • For the mix-in settings on the school calendar, mix in the school-specific sub-calendar.
  • On the District calendar, mix in the school calendar, but NOT the school-specific sub calendar.

I have not tested this, but I think it might work.