Trouble with events starting at midnight

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kbarger

kbarger
  • Trumba Community Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:44 AM

I have found that when importing records, events that start at Midnight will be entered as all-day events. Is this a bug or is there a setting I've missed somewhere? Other events seem to come over fine.

Here's a sample CSV input that will produce two all-day events.

Description,Start,End,Location,Notes,Web Link
"MALT - Home Design, Re-Defined",12/1/2006 12:00:00 AM,12/1/2006 2:00:00 AM,Chapel 1,,
Student Body Meeting,11/7/2006 12:00:00 AM,11/7/2006 1:30:00 AM,BLC 101 B,"Student Body Meeting - Benbow Hall B and C 7:00pm to 8:30pm",

Thanks for any suggestions you have.

Kyle Barger
The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia

#2 Jill

Jill

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:57 PM

Hi kbarger,
The pasting of some of your file's content was really helpful, thanks! Do you really have the start/end date and time in the same "column" or field? I got errors when I tried to import the text as you pasted it, so if you do have it that way, the first thing to try is to separate the dates and times into separate columns, naming them appropriately: Start date, Start time, End date, End time.

I created my own sample file with events starting at midnight and ending at 2am, and it did work as expected, so let me know if that format change helps for you. If not, it'd be great if you could copy/paste the first couple of events into your post again with this new format. Hope this helps, though.

Jill / Trumba UA

#3 kbarger

kbarger
  • Trumba Community Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:45 PM

I'll give it a try tomorrow.... The "Date Time" format as shown is indeed one field, and it's always worked in imports for us before.  (The clip shown imports with no errors, it's just that it shows up as an all-day event.)

This format is unfortunately the easiest thing to generate out of our reservation scheduling database, but I'll see if I can twist its arm.

Edited by kbarger, 13 November 2006 - 01:46 PM.

Kyle Barger
The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia

#4 Jill

Jill

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

Ok, keep me posted! Weird, though. I am just not able to import the info. I've tried a few things, and I get anything from "no start date" to "unspecified error."

Would you be able to send me a file that has worked for you in the past? You can send it to our support email:
support at corp.trumba.com, and refer to this topic in your message. Or you can PM me the content of the file, and I'll paste it into Notepad.

Jill / Trumba UA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users