Sign in to follow this  
Singular

Viewing Source

I just noticed something. When you right click outside of the area where your calendar is housed to view the source, you get the source from your html file with the javascript for the calendar spud. If you right click inside of the area where the calendar is housed, you get the source of the actual calendar, with all of the content, not just the javascript.

When google scans through the source of our pages to view content, which source does it see, the source of our file with the javascript or trumba's source with the content or both?

best regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

I'm finally replying, but mostly to say that it'll take a little longer to get the full answer. We are currently working on some documentation that will explain the importance that Trumba places on improving discoverablity/search engine optimization and the features that we have implemented (and are continuing to research and implement). It sounds like that is the issue you are wondering about here.

I will attempt to add more about your specific question here, hopefully without confusing the matter. The spuds on your page are inserted into a frame. So when you right-click to view the source on the spud, you're looking at the spud frame's source. Google has some info about indexing frames here that might help: Does Google index sites with frames?

Just to clarify, though, this is unrelated to the documentation I referred to above. It should be just another week or two before that is available. Again, I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful at the moment.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Jill,

Thanks for your reply. I have noticed that Trumba is doing much better with Google search results. Many key search terms for me such as "art competitions open worldwide 2007" are returning 1st or 2nd page results for the Trumba version of my page here. I am not seeing 1st or 2nd page results on the page on my site with the trumba calendar, but that's fine. The trumba page has all of my site information and links, so it all works out fine.

best regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Yes, that is one of the pages that our Help will soon be telling you about. I'm glad you found it. I'll update this post when that topic is available.

Jill / Trumba UA