Sign in to follow this  

Change Primary Calendar?

Is it possible for me to select one of my "other" calendars as my primary calendar, and demote my current primary calendar to an "other" calendar?

Hi,

Unfortunately, we can't do that right now. Relatively soon, we'll have the capability to clear a primary calendar (and hopefully to delete multiple events), so you can start over with a new one, but I don't think that'll include "promoting" a different calendar to your primary calendar. But at least you could export the other one and import it into your clean primary calendar.

This is becoming a popular request, though, and we do have it on our wish list. It helps to know that more people want it. It makes complete sense to want to do this.

I was going to suggest maybe mixing the other calendar into your primary calendar, but then I realized that you'd still have to switch to the other one to edit events, and adding new ones could get confusing.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful on this one.

Jill / Trumba User Assistance

we'll have the capability to clear a primary calendar

Hi Jill,

This seems to be a recurring stumbling point for Trumba-newbies (like me).

Suggestion: Seed the trial account with a Primary and Secondary calendars,

so people get the idea ... right away ... that this is possible.

Describe how to use the secondary calendars to practice OutLook sync'ing.

This is one of the reasons every PDA wound up at the bottom of my closet;

sync'ing events is a hard problem, and you can pretty easily put your

entire life into chaos just by trying a product that interacts with live events.

Hi Dick. Thanks for your suggestions about how to make the primary/secondary calendar distinction obvious right away.

We do have a Help topic on primary calendars (that needs a little updating with the new List view functionality) that provides some advice on when and how best to use them. You might check it out: Your primary calendar - what it's for and how to use it.

Maybe we also need to add more or provide different information in the small Help topic that pops up when you click the green Help button next to the Your Calendars list.

Connie / Trumba User Assistance