Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

customize rss feed

I've read the help page on customizing rss feeds, and I'm still unclear - is it possible to customize the default feed, or only to create additonal customized feeds?

Genesis

Hi Genesis,

That's a good question, thanks for asking. Right now, you can build additional customized feeds that you can add to your site as hyperlinks for your visitors, but the feed that people get when they click the RSS button on your calendar (whether in your site or on the hosted page) isn't customizeable. I'm not sure if it will be in the future or not, but I was wondering if you have a particular type of customization in mind. In other words, which parameters would you want to use if you changed the default feed? (I hope I understand your question correctly!)

Jill / Trumba User Assistance

Thanks, Jill-

Mostly I was looking to customize the default feed to limit to certain date ranges (e.g. 2 weeks from current date, without previous weeks events). Right now, every time I add an event or make a change, it shows up in the feed, no matter what the date is - I'd rather the feed just show the events that are coming up in the next couple of weeks or month.

Thanks,

Genesis

Hi Genesis,

That's a good question, thanks for asking. Right now, you can build additional customized feeds that you can add to your site as hyperlinks for your visitors, but the feed that people get when they click the RSS button on your calendar (whether in your site or on the hosted page) isn't customizeable. I'm not sure if it will be in the future or not, but I was wondering if you have a particular type of customization in mind. In other words, which parameters would you want to use if you changed the default feed? (I hope I understand your question correctly!)

Jill / Trumba User Assistance

Hi Genesis,

Thanks for letting me know what you wanted to do. Our developer of this area was curious. He said it's a great suggestion and hopes that we can provide such a thing in the future. I'm sorry I can't give you a more helpful answer right now.

Jill / Trumba UA

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread. :)

Perhaps not a customization, but I would appreciate if the RSS button for a calendar would have the option of providing the RSS feed for any or all of the mixed-in calendars instead of just for the main calendar.

Thanks!

Evan

Hi Evan,

>>...hope I'm not hijacking this thread<<

Oh, I've come to expect that kind of trouble from you, so it's ok. (Alright, it really is ok, and I don't think it's a hijack anyway.) : )

The RSS feed on your published calendar should include events for the main calendar and all of the mix-ins. So can I confirm that what you want to do is specify which mix-ins to include in the feed (the way you can do in spuds)? Are you talking about making the RSS button deliver this customized feed, or do you just want to be able to create such a feed using parameters that you stick onto an URL that you use for a separate link? Currently, as you discovered, we can't do either, but I just heard from development that they are working toward making the feed parameters the same as the spud parameters -- to the extent that they make sense anyway... So even if you can't change the feed that is delivered when someone uses the RSS button, you will be able to at least create the feed URL and provide it as an alternative (I'm sorry I don't have the timeframe yet).

Jill / Trumba UA