Sign in to follow this  
Singular

Event Submission Form

Hello all,

When using an event submission form, it does not allow users to submit an image. Can this feature be added? I have added a new calendar to my site and this specific calendar requires an image for each event. It would be much more convenient for the form to accept images rather than to have the user submit the form and then email me the image.

thanks again for listening,

Joe

Hi Joe,

This issue is still being worked out in development. I think it'll be something that we add, but I don't know when yet.

In the meantime, could you maybe have a note to visitors that suggests that they can give you URLs to images that are hosted on their own or other sites? Obviously this won't work for everyone (and some people might not even know what that means I guess), but maybe for the people who get it, it's slightly easier than emailing you the image? Sorry I can't give you a better alternative.

Jill / Trumba UA

Thanks for the reply Jill.

Thats ok. I guess I can have them email me their images for now. One more thing I was wondering about the form is if we could add additional fields.

thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

You can use a custom event type with your submission form, so it would use all of the fields that you have enabled in that event type. If you set up the event type you want, you can email Trumba Support at support at corp.trumba.com to request an update to your form to use the new event type/fields.

(I'm still waiting back for an answer to your question about the views that support photo events. I expect to get more info today yet...)

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Jill,

I wanted to follow up with part of my original question regarding submission forms. You mentioned that:

If you set up the event type you want, you can email Trumba Support at support at corp.trumba.com to request an update to your form to use the new event type/fields.

Would it be possible to also ask them to modify the redirect page after they submit an event as well as the email they receive?

thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Are you talking about the page that confirms that the event was submitted (starts with "Done.")? To tell you the truth, I am not sure whether that can be changed (I mean without making it a new feature). That's a great question. Same with the email -- it's a standard email that gets sent regardless of what submission form someone uses. I can check further into it, though, to see what's possible. Can I update you later in the week? It might not be til Friday, when I can catch up with the developer I need to talk to. If you are able to send me info about what you have in mind, i.e., want these things changed to, that would be great. You can either post it here or PM me. If it involves images or something else that's not as easy over forums, you could send it to that support email address and to my attention.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Jill,

I am talking about the page after you hit the submit button. Also, I wouldn't need any images on that page or the email, just text that has a link so that people can make a donation after submitting an event.

You can get back to me whenever you have time.

thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

I think I have good news for half of your question anyway. I found out that I can add the link for you on the "Success" page that appears when someone submits an event. Whenever you want, you can send an email to support (at) corp.trumba.com, and in the subject line put it to my attention. In the message, include:

• The URL of the site you want the link to go to.
  • The link text that you want your visitors to see. For example, "Help support our worthwhile mission!" : )
  • Any other info you think will help.

About customizing the email, this is possible according to the conditions I described to Soleil in item #2 of this post.

I hope that helps. Let me know if I can answer any other questions before you send the info for your Success page.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Joe,

I think I have good news for half of your question anyway. I found out that I can add the link for you on the "Success" page that appears when someone submits an event. Whenever you want, you can send an email to support (at) corp.trumba.com, and in the subject line put it to my attention. In the message, include:

• The URL of the site you want the link to go to.
  • The link text that you want your visitors to see. For example, "Help support our worthwhile mission!" : )
  • Any other info you think will help.

About customizing the email, this is possible according to the conditions I described to Soleil in item #2 of this post.

I hope that helps. Let me know if I can answer any other questions before you send the info for your Success page.

Jill / Trumba UA

Thanks Jill. That's great. I will get the info ready for the success page and email it to you later this week.

thanks again,

Joe