Sign in to follow this  
agnostie

Accessing password-protected calendar RSS feeds

From the help section is says: "When you're not signed in, the RSS reader you use to open or subscribe to a password-protected calendar's RSS feed must allow you to sign in to a password-protected address."

I want to access the RSS feed without using a specific feed reader, but right from a browser by specifying the URL.

Will the following format work (minus the enclosing double quotes which were added so this forum tool wouldn't change my text)?

"http://[username]:[password]@www.trumba.com/calendars/[calendarwebname].rss?weeks=1&previousweeks=0"

If not what is the correct format to use from a URL request?

Thx

From the help section is says: "When you're not signed in, the RSS reader you use to open or subscribe to a password-protected calendar's RSS feed must allow you to sign in to a password-protected address."

I want to access the RSS feed without using a specific feed reader, but right from a browser by specifying the URL.

Will the following format work (minus the enclosing double quotes which were added so this forum tool wouldn't change my text)?

"http://[username]:[password]@www.trumba.com/calendars/[calendarwebname].rss?weeks=1&previousweeks=0"

If not what is the correct format to use from a URL request?

Thx

I tried this and it didn't work. Upon further examination my settings are Access type: Secure URL so that I have a Secure Key value. Now I suspect that I have to use hmac authentication to get RSS content from a URL request. For a different vendor I provide an hmac key value based on my secure key is appended to the URL request. Would I have to do something similar for trumba RSS? For example (minus the enclosing double quotes):

"http://www.trumba.com/calendars/[calendarwebname].rss?weeks=1&previousweeks=0&expires=200702021400&hash=A4C93424343243AE89B3D"

How do you get the RSS content when using Secure URL?

Hi agnostie,

I'm sorry for the delay in response and that you went through some trouble trying to get the URL to work. We actually don't have a way to create a secure URL for RSS feeds yet. To tell you the truth, I am not sure what exactly the future plans for it are, and the person I need to ask about it is not in the office today. I'm hoping that he will be tomorrow and I can give you some more coherent info then. I'll post an update either way.

Jill / Trumba UA

p.s. Welcome to the forums!