Sign in to follow this  
Singular

Event Actions

Hello all,

I emailed support and they responded, but I accidentaly deleted the email. So I am posting my question here now as it is more convenient. I tried using my event actions to email myself a few events. This is what came up:

Welcome to Trumba Event Actions

This service allows event publishers to easily add features such as “Add to my calendar,” “Foward to friends,” and “Email me event info” to their event web sites. Event Actions supports many popular online and desktop calendars as well as the iCalendar standard. The interface to this service is via an easy-to-implement REST API. Interested web developers can email support@corp.trumba.com.

It use to work. I am not sure what the issue is. My calendar can be found here: http://www.asingularcreation.com/Lists/art-contests.htm

Best regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Is the text you quoted the content of the email that is sent to you? Or is it what appears when you try to open an event action (any event action in particular)? When I tried the latter with a few different actions, I got the appropriate page. Is the problem still happening today?

I've sent email to our support team asking if the person who responded to you could post their response here. I hope that's ok! It will probably be faster than me trying to get to the bottom of it. I hope it's started working again in the meantime, but feel free to post any additional details if it's not.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Joe,

Is the text you quoted the content of the email that is sent to you? Or is it what appears when you try to open an event action (any event action in particular)? When I tried the latter with a few different actions, I got the appropriate page. Is the problem still happening today?

I've sent email to our support team asking if the person who responded to you could post their response here. I hope that's ok! It will probably be faster than me trying to get to the bottom of it. I hope it's started working again in the meantime, but feel free to post any additional details if it's not.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Jill,

It is the text that appears in a blank window when trying to perform any event action. I just tried again and it is still happening, but only in IE.

thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for that extra helpful bit of info. Could you tell me what version of IE you have at home, and did you upgrade it recently or install any kind of browser utility programs (I don't know, maybe a popup blocker or some kind of toolbar)? I don't know whether that would make a difference, but just trying to find all the differences between the place where it works and where it doesn't. Also, I'm guessing that your home computer is a Windows computer, but let me know if it's a Mac.

I am using IE 7, and the default security settings allow me to use the event actions on your calendar. On your home computer with IE, a couple of things you might try are first removing your temporary Internet files. Then if that doesn't work, try experimenting with the security settings (both these settings are in the Tools > Internet Options dialog box in case you're looking for them).

That's such a strange page to get here, though. While you're experimenting with browser settings, I'll check with development to see when that page is supposed to appear. Hopefully we'll figure out what's going on.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Joe,

One of our developers just gave me a couple of clues as to how one might land on this page. He thought that one of our popups might have a link called "other actions" or something like that, which takes you to this page. However, even when this page does appear, you should still be able to see the event action links on the left (with Welcome being on the bottom and selected), where you can then select the other action you want. Is this what you're seeing? Or are there no other links on the page?

Jill / Trumba UA