Jill

Add spud code to open event details in new window

Hi everyone,

A long-standing feature request was just released today! Now you can set your event details to open in a new window.

To do this, you use the detailBase property in your spud code with a new property called openInNewWindow.

Here's a topic that talks about the detailBase property, which links you to an example of a spud that uses it.

Here's an example of a spud that opens the details in a new window:

<script type="text/javascript">
$Trumba.addSpud({
   spudType: "main",
   webName: "kexp",
   openInNewWindow: true,
   detailBase: "http://www.trumba.com/calendars/kexp"
});
</script>

This particular example opens the details on the calendar's Trumba hosted page. For your spuds, use the URL of the page that holds your main calendar spud (similar to how you use the teaserBase property).

Let me know if I missed or can clarify anything.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi everyone,

A long-standing feature request was just released today! Now you can set your event details to open in a new window.

To do this, you use the detailBase property in your spud code with a new property called openInNewWindow.

Here's a topic that talks about the detailBase property, which links you to an example of a spud that uses it.

Here's an example of a spud that opens the details in a new window:

$Trumba.addSpud({
   openInNewWindow: true,
   detailBase: "http://www.trumba.com/calendars/kexp"
});
</script>

This particular example opens the details on the calendar's Trumba hosted page. For your spuds, use the URL of the page that holds your main calendar spud (similar to how you use the teaserBase property).

Let me know if I missed or can clarify anything.

Jill / Trumba UA

Is there a way to prevent the main calendar page from opening in a new window when the "See all" link on a promotional spud is clicked. Because my site uses frames, I would like the calendar to open in the same window/frame. I guess something equivalent to [ target="_self" ].

Edited by adevandry

I am not sure if you have tried this yet, but what happens if you change "openInNewWindow:"true"" to "openInNewWindow:"false"", so it would look similar to this sample code:

$Trumba.addSpud({

openInNewWindow:"false",

detailBase: "http://www.trumba.com/calendars/kexp"});

</script>

If this still does not seem to fix the issue, please email me the URL of your site, or reply back to this post and we can research this one further for you.

Thanks,

Steve