Sign in to follow this  
Singular

Browser blocking calendar

Hello all,

If a user can not see the calendar due to their browser blocking the calendar script, is there a Trumba help file that guides the user on how to enable javascripts? Part of the code for the spud is:

<noscript>Your browser must support JavaScript to view this content.

Please enable JavaScript in your browser settings then try again.</noscript>

Is there a way to have a comment such as this be present if the calendar is blocked or should that be something that I should be adding near the calendar?

thanks,

Joe

Guest Adam

Hi Joe,

The script listed between the <noscript> tags should be what the visitor sees if their browser cannot view javascript (activex) controls.

Thus you could modify that message to display something customized to your liking, or you could paste a link near the calendar linking to a page explaining the browser requirements to view a Trumba calendar (http://www.trumba.com/help/systemreq.html).

Hope this helps!

Adam

Trumba Client Services

Hi Joe,

The script listed between the <noscript> tags should be what the visitor sees if their browser cannot view javascript (activex) controls.

Thus you could modify that message to display something customized to your liking, or you could paste a link near the calendar linking to a page explaining the browser requirements to view a Trumba calendar (http://www.trumba.com/help/systemreq.html).

Hope this helps!

Adam

Trumba Client Services

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought, but that is not what occurred in my case. In some rare occassions, when my computer at work blocks the script, I do not see the text in the <noscript>. I don't know why, but nothing is there.

Guest Adam

Interesting - intermittent problems are always fun to troubleshoot. :D Here are a few of my follow-up thoughts/questions:

1. Which web browser are you using at work (type and version?) As you may know, the browser version can often be found by selecting Help -> About.

2. Do you know if your workplace has any firewalls or other content blocking mechanisms?

3. When that happens, does the other content on your page appear normally? And is this only happening for a main calendar spud or other spuds too?

If I were to guess: it sounds like perhaps your workplace's network occasionally blocks the calendar content, thus negating the ability to view the javascript and the text within the <noscript> tags.

Adam

Trumba Client Services

I agree with everything you said. I work in a government facility and I know that they block most active content. Most of the time the spuds work, but sometimes they do not. The reason I asked is because when I sent one of my clients the link to the calendar where his event was located, he didn't see anything below my page navigation. So I am wondering if he even looked to see the <noscript> content or it wasn't there for him to see. He uses IE (not sure what version). When he tried Firefox, it worked for him.