Sign in to follow this  
Gary

Scheduled emails, calendar colors, etc.

Hi Jill and other Trumba Folk,

I haven't bothered you in awhile -- so I've saved up a few things for you to check on :)

1. When I update events on my calendar, emails are no longer being sent out overnight with the updates (they are only going out on the regular end-of-month schedule). I've noticed this for the past several weeks. Is something new going on?

2. On the month view of my calendar, the hyperlink for the event selection (all, none) does not pick up the custom colors I've specified for my calendar. Check my calendar at http://www.lakotawestbands.org/calendar.htm and you'll notice that "all, none" is in blue, while all other hyperlinks are in red.

3. On the small date finder control spud, you can roll the mouse over a date and the events on that date will pop up (cool feature, by the way!). The event names, however, do not pick up the custom colors I've specified for my calendar. Again, if you go to my calendar at http://www.lakotawestbands.org/calendar.htm, you'll notice that the event names in the mouse-over of the date finder spud are a lovely green, rather than the gray I've specified for my calendar.

Thanks!!!!

Gary

Hey stranger,

Good to see you again! Hope you've been enjoying your summer. : )

I'll number my responses to correspond with your questions:

1. If you haven't already, could you check the setting for this in the Email Publishing wizard? Display your published calendar, click the Email button to open the wizard, click to edit the schedule, and in the When should we send the email section at the top, make sure the Send daily updates when I update or add events box is checked.

I think there might've been some issues with daily updates recently, but I'm having trouble accessing our bug database at the moment, so I'll have to be back with that info if you're still having problems after checking into that setting.

[EDIT later 7/30: Gary, There was indeed an issue with daily updates, and it was fixed just Friday, so that might be the same issue you ran into. I believe this fix has been released, so before doing what I suggested above, you might want to wait til you have updates to make on your calendar to see whether the daily email updates are working now. --Jill (END of edit.)]

2. : ( Right now these links appear in the default color no matter which view you're using. They're part of the Event Actions strip that appears above the calendar, and nothing on that strip is editable at the moment. This issue is already logged, but I'll bump it up again, because many people would love these links to be consistent with the rest of their links. Thanks for asking about it, and I'm sorry that there isn't a way to get at it right now.

3. The popup that you're seeing is actually using the styles for a particular promotion spud. In this case it's the Day Summary spud, and you can change the header color by changing the styles of that promo spud. Let me know if changing the header color doesn't help, or if I can give more specific info for finding that spud. Incidentally, the Month calendar view uses a different spud (Event Detail) for the popup. You can see which popup is being used by going into the styles & settings page for a spud or view.

Your site looks great by the way! Again, let me know if something I've suggested doesn't work.

Jill / Trumba Client Services

Hi Jill,

Thanks ... My questions 1 and 3 are all taken care of.

I thought I'd pass along a few other "link color" issues. This relates to the handling of links included in the Location section and Notes section (such as a link to a Google map, referral to another web site or to a PDF file for downloading, etc.). When you click on an event name in any of the calendar spuds, the detail event screen that comes up is perfect. It uses the base link colors in the Location and Notes field. This does not happen with any of the other spuds that display these fields. Two different types of things happen:

1. The link is the same color as all the other print around it.

Classic Week Calendar

List Calendar

2. The link is the "Trumba blue" rather than my base link color (or my specified action link color).

Labeled List - Date Calendar

Performance Schedule Calendar

Detail List - Date Calendar

Event Detail Popup

So, on the calendar on my web site, depending on the View you use, my links for Location and Notes will be BLUE.... or RED.... or BLACK... :)

Suggestions? HELP?

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks so much for your detailed info. I looked at your calendar in our testing environment, and it looks like our developer has fixed the colors for the views you listed under #2 (they had already been reported, too). I also noticed that it looks like he's fixed the issue #2 you brought up in your first post (Select All/None not inheriting your link colors)! Yay!!

Maybe unfortunately in your opinion, the two that you listed under #1 behave that way intentionally. If you prefer that the links appear in your colors on those views as well, I can add it to our feature request report. I should add, though, that because that's the design, I don't know that it would get put very high on the list right now (not to say that it would never get looked at, but maybe not in the near timeframe). I'm sorry I can't be as encouraging with that one, but I'm happy to pass along your feedback.

Jill / Trumba Client Services

Thanks Jill,

The points in #1 aren't as important to me as those listed in # 2, so that's fine. Any idea when this will get rolled into production?

Thanks again,

Gary

Hi Gary,

This functionality should already be rolled into production. I'm seeing it when I look at your published calendar. Is there some particular view where you are not seeing the correct link color?

Regards, Nancy / Trumba Support