Sign in to follow this  
CBS

How to Navigate to the same month in another calendar.

I noticed that if I change between two calendars, I am taken to the current month in the calendar I'm changing to. For example, I am on calendar 1 in December and wish to view calendar 2. When I click on calendar 2, I am taken to August (current month) not December. This has been a recent change. :) Is there any way to have it go to the same month in the new calendar as it did before?

Thanks

Hi CBS,

Sorry for any inconvenience this might be causing you. We have submitted a request to use the previous behavior of staying on the selected date when switching between calendars.

However, with the recent changes in how we display calendars, we may need to stay with the new behavior. I will add more information to this thread when I find out which behavior we're going to go with.

Regards, Nancy / Trumba Support

Please keep us updated on this, it's quite time consuming when I'm working months ahead in all of our calendars to be returned to default every time I switch calendars.

Hi Deborah and everyone.

We did find out from Development that we are not switching back to the old behavior. If you navigate to a future date on one calendar and then switch to a different calendar, the calendar you switch to will show the current date.

I can understand that if you're adding future events to several calendars around the same time period it might seem irritating to have to navigate to a new date with each calendar you display.

However, you can add events to several different calendars without ever navigating away from the calendar you initially displayed. Try this:

1. Navigate to the date on the first calendar to which you want to add an event. Add the events you want.
  2. Without navigating away from the calendar, click Add Event above the calendar.
  3. In the Add Event form, the date defaults to the first day of the month. Select the day you want.
  4. Under Owning Calendar on the right, select the calendar to which you want to add the event. Click OK.
  5. Click Add Event again, and repeat steps 3 and 4 until you've added all the events to all the calendars you want.

I think using this process for adding events to several different calendars won't take any longer than navigating between calendars before adding each event.

Hope this helps.

Connie

Hi again everyone.

One additional note based on a suggestion from our VP of Products about the process I recommended in my previous post.

After you display the first calendar you're adding events to, you might want to mix in the additional calendars that also have new events. That way, the time period you're viewing stays exactly the same and ,as you add each new event, you can see it in the context of other events that occur around the same time.

You mix a calendar into the displayed calendar by selecting, in the Current Publications list, the check box for the calendar you want to mix in.

Hope that makes sense.

Connie

Hi everyone yet again.

I have some good news about the switching calendars issue.

While we didn't switch back to the old default behavior, the developers did add a feature that allows you to set how you want Trumba Connect to behave when you switch between calendars in the editing environment.

In your Account Settings, you now have access to a Main Calendar View Options section. In that section, you can set Trumba Connect to keep the same date and/or view when you switch from one calendar to another.

For more information about setting the calendar switching preferences, see Control the view when you switch between calendars.

Connie