Sign in to follow this  
Singular

Examples of Featured Events

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any examples of what they have done with the featured events feauture. I have been so busy and haven't had time to get creative with it.

all the best,

Joe

Hi,

Check out the Trumba Tribune demo site (http://tribune.trumba.com/online_calendars/featured_events.aspx) as this will give you some additional information about Featured Events as well as showcasing a few events on the calendar that have been set as Featured Events. Also, take a look at our Help file on Featured Events (http://www.trumba.com/help/feature_overview.aspx )as that is a great starting point that will walk you through the steps in setting up featured levels.

I have also been working closely with The Gourmet Retailer (http://www.gourmetretailer.com/gourmetretailer/industry_events/index.jsp )and they have started using Featured Events on their site, featuring various Industry Events/Shows.

I hope this helps!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the example. I just checked out the Gourmet Retailer site you provided. How did you get the featured event to appear with all of the other normal events? I know how to make all of the events in a spud featured, but not sure how to make specific ones featured. I have read through the documentation, but still have had no success.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

all the best,

Joe

Hello again,

My next questions are:

Can featured events be grouped so that they appear at the beginning of the calendar list, before the nonfeatured events, regardless of date?

If I choose Image is Event as the feature level, I lose all of the text that goes with it on the main spud view. How do I fix that?

thanks,

Joe

Edited by Singular

Hi Joe,

Your Featured Events look great! If you don't mind, I will refer clients to your site to see more great examples of how to use this feature:)

While we currently cannot group the Featured Events in the calendar list, as these will display based on the date, another option would be to show or highlight your Featured Events in a Promotion Spud. After you set a feature level for an event, you can also use that setting as a filter for displaying featured events in your promotion spuds. You can choose to display only featured events in the spud (of any level you choose), or you can set the spud up to show the featured events first, and then all other events to follow by chronological order. Check out the Help file we have on this that goes into more detail.

Also, the Featured Event level where Image is Event is an image only display as this layout displays an image in place of the event information. For example, if you have an image of a poster your organization has used that contains all of the event information people need, you could upload that image and use it in place of event details.

Another idea for you is to change the image position. Within the levels you currently have created, you can move the images from the right and have them display on the left by selecting the Featured Event layout tab and changing the Image Position from Right to Left.

Thanks!

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I don't mind you referring people to my site one bit. I am actually working on the calendar page a lot and will look much better by the end of the week. I will be incorporating more control spuds and event submission.

Your idea for the promotion spud is a great idea. I can choose to only show featured events, which is a nice feature.

The Image is Event feature level now makes sense to me. I was trying to use it for something that was not intended. It could be great for banner ads of fliers.

all the best,

Joe

Hi Steve,

My page redesign is done. I have added an three levels of featured events. One of which is a photo is event, which I use as a horizontal banner. The new features Trumba is putting together are pretty impressive. Thay are allowing me to do a lot of things I didn't think I was going to be able to. Here is my page. Make sure you refresh to get the latest version: http://asingularcreation.com/Lists/art-contests.htm

all the best,

Joe