#1 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• Trumba Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:17 AM

Hello all,
I am testing the map spud and I am noticing some things with it. If you take a look at the page where I have my test spud set up, I can explain: http://asingularcrea...s/art-shows.htm

If you scroll over the icon in Colorado, you will see that there are nine events total. Only three are linked and underneath it says "and 6 more events…" First issue is very minor, the spelling of the word events where it says "and 6 more events…". Second issue is that the most recent upcoming events are not the ones being linked. The ones that are further in the year are. These are the events that are listed at that location. As you can see when you scroll over the icon, there is no way to see the first few.

Fri 2/29/08 - 4/26 Macro Photography Show
Fri 3/28/08 - 4/26 Street Photography
Fri 5/2/08 - 5/31 Edgy - Pushing the Limits of Art
Fri 6/6/08 - 7/3 ASMP Photography Show
Fri 7/11/08 - 8/9 The Artful Nude
Wed 8/20/08 - 8/30 Peace Corps Reunion Photography Exhibition
Fri 9/5/08 - 9/27 All Things Horses Photography Show
Fri 10/3/08 - 11/1 2008 International Fine Art Photography Show
Fri 11/7/08 - 11/26 Our Environment - The good, bad, and ugly

Also there is no way to see what the other of the nine events are. I appreciate any help. I know that this is a newer spud and still might have some bugs that need to be worked out.

thanks,
Joe

#2 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:46 PM

Hi Joe,
Glad to see you are using the Map spud! We are very interested to see how our clients are using this calendar view to promote events. I spoke to our dev team this morning on these issues you raised and they are looking into the order in which the events occur as well as the trailing characters after and 6 more events. I will repost a reply once a fix is in place for these, so stay tuned. We should see an update hopefully in the next two weeks.

As for the request to see the other events, that is currently a limitation of this spud. Ideally it would be nice if we had a See All link similar to the Promotion spuds; however, it doesnt look like we are going to be able to incorporate any change to this spud quite yet. The only way currently to see the full list of events is to switch to a different calendar view.

Thanks,
Steve

#3 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:53 PM

Thanks Steve. Hopefully my issues can be worked out. While you have them looking, can we look into having this spud being able to show events that have already begun. There will be cases where events are held for an extended period of time, like art gallery shows. For example there is a show that runs from December 12 - December 27. On the map spud, it is not shown because the start date has passed. Can they make it so that it will not be removed until the end date has passed?

all the best,
Joe

Edited by Singular, 19 December 2007 - 04:21 PM.

#4 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

Hi Steve,
I have noticed that the problem with the event order is fixed. Thanks for that. I have two last issues to address.

One is the problem that it only lists future events. I think it would be beneficial if the map spud included all events because some are events that last for a week or so (I gave an example in my previous post). Most people will not click previous because they will think the event is already over, not thinking that it lists them by start date. http://asingularcrea...s/art-shows.htm

Also, the map placement on my detail view is off. Some of the detail views have the map on the far right, where it is supposed to be. Others have the map closer to the middle. Here are links demonstrating the difference:
http://asingularcrea.....ntid=73107981
http://asingularcrea.....ntid=73171426
http://asingularcrea.....ntid=73108058

thanks a bunch,
Joe

#5 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Sorry for the delayed response!

What may work for the events that you have added to your calendar that continue into the future is to set the repeating pattern to "Weekly every week" and then set it to occur once or twice during that week by selecting the days of the week. Then make sure you enter an end date. I also like to setting the duration to 0. Remember though, once an event has been set up with a repeating pattern, the pattern cannot be changed.

As for the Map placement on the details, the Event Detail Photo detail view does not necessarily right align the map image. This view does things differently than the default Event Detail view in order to accommodate photo images (whether or not they exist) at different positions within the view.

I guess it would be nice to have an "align right" option for the map placement :D

Thanks,
Steve

#6 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

This post was a double, so I deleted it.

Edited by Singular, 01 February 2008 - 02:44 PM.

#7 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for the reply Steve.
Unfortunately, that won't work because I also have a list view of the events. If I set it up as a repeating event, then it will show up incorrectly on that view. It is not a recurring event, rather an ongoing event. I think an easy fix would be for the map spud to list all events as the default, not all future events.

The event detail thing is still bugging me. I don't know how two very similar looking events with similar information can have one map display on the far right and another map display in the middle. There must be some sort of defined spot for the map if there is no image.

thanks,
Joe

Sorry for the delayed response!

What may work for the events that you have added to your calendar that continue into the future is to set the repeating pattern to "Weekly every week" and then set it to occur once or twice during that week by selecting the days of the week. Then make sure you enter an end date. I also like to setting the duration to 0. Remember though, once an event has been set up with a repeating pattern, the pattern cannot be changed.

As for the Map placement on the details, the Event Detail Photo detail view does not necessarily right align the map image. This view does things differently than the default Event Detail view in order to accommodate photo images (whether or not they exist) at different positions within the view.

I guess it would be nice to have an "align right" option for the map placement :D

Thanks,
Steve

#8 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:00 AM

Hi Steve,
Have you heard any news on this issue: the possiblility of being able to group map spud events by all events, in addition to all future events?

thanks,
Joe

#9 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

Hi,
There are plans in the works to add more grouping functionality in this spud, however stats are showing the map spud is currently getting low usage from our clients, so this one has taken a low priority at this time. Sorry!

Steve

#10 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:12 AM

Hi,
There are plans in the works to add more grouping functionality in this spud, however stats are showing the map spud is currently getting low usage from our clients, so this one has taken a low priority at this time. Sorry!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I hope you are doing well. Just curious if there was any update on this? The map spud is a great spud and has a lot of usefullness. If it was given a bit more attention, I think the usage would definitely pick up.

all the best,
Joe

#11 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hi Joe,
Sorry to say there is no additional update at this time on this feature request. If I hear of any update I will be sure to post an update for you.
Thanks,
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users