#1 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• Trumba Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:01 AM

Hello all,
I just took a look at this spud for possibly using on my site. I have a recommendation that I strongly think you will want to consider. As you know, blogging is very big now, especially Wordpress. Your news spud could eliminate the need to add a blog if you just added a few features to it. The most important is the ability to add fields like the list spud and the ability to add a "max length" option in the notes field. Many articles are very long. You do not want to have a page with 10 articles that make you scroll for days. You would like to see a page with many articles and a summary of each, giving you the option of clicking a link to view the entire thing, sort of like your other spuds.

I am adding an article and tutorial submission feature on my site so that they can be featured on my home page and articles page. The news spud is perfect for this because it would display the most recent articles first and show all past articles. However, I do not think that the news spud has the necessary functionality yet.

all the best,
Joe

#2 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:45 AM

Another option would be to be able to reverse the order in the list spud to be able to mimic the news spud so that the most recently submitted would be listed first and the oldest would be last. That seems like it would just be a matter of altering the grouping options.

all the best,
Joe

#3 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:22 AM

Hi-
Not sure if you have heard, however we've made a “newsworthy” improvement to Trumba Connect! Most of our calendar spuds and promotion spuds can now be configured to display events going into the past. This allows our promotion spuds and calendar views to be used to publish news and announcements in addition to events. Within the settings for the Calendar and Promotion spuds, we now have a descending option along with the ability to specify a start and end date (going backwards)

Posted Image

I hope you will find this a useful enhancement!
Thanks,
Steve

#4 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi Steve,

I wanted to follow up with you about this. I know you guys now have the descending and ascending sort order, which is somewhat useful. However, have you guys given any thought to my original request? (to have the option to have the order determined by the date the event was added). The news spud works great for what you guys use it for. It shows the newest first and that works because the date of the news is the insert date. But I would like to be able to add events with a deadline of a certain date and have them posted in order of when they were added. I may add an event with a Decmber deadline and already have events with November and January deadlines. I still want it to show up top of the list because it was the most recently added. Users go to sites and look at the top article or headline. If it is the same as the last time they were there, they don't need to look any further. I can't do that with the current spuds. They would still have to look at the spud to see if there were events added. It would be very useful to have this option on the list spud. It would only take a sort by (insert or update) timestamp - very simple.

thanks,
Joe

#5 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Hi Joe,
We currently do not offer support for that type of sorting, but it is on our feature request list so if there is an update to this I will be sure to reply back to this post.
Thanks,
Steve

#6 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thanks Steve. Hopefully you guys will add it soon.

all the best,
Joe

#7 Opuntia

Opuntia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hi-
Not sure if you have heard, however we've made a "newsworthy" improvement to Trumba Connect! Most of our calendar spuds and promotion spuds can now be configured to display events going into the past. This allows our promotion spuds and calendar views to be used to publish news and announcements in addition to events. Within the settings for the Calendar and Promotion spuds, we now have a descending option along with the ability to specify a start and end date (going backwards)

Posted Image

I hope you will find this a useful enhancement!
Thanks,
Steve

I can't find this setting on the news spud, is it not available for that spud? Also, in the news spud, is there is style setting where you can set the margin/buffer between the "description" field (which is really the first field, the title so to speak) and the remaining fields? For example, if you look at your news page, in my mind there's a fairly large space between the title and the text, but no way change it.

Thanks!

#8 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Joe,
The News view is designed to use descending order which is why the option for ascending. The News view does not allow ascending order as the News view is to show events by descending order only.

As for padding between the title and the text, I can run this by our development team to see if this is a setting they can make. I will keep you posted.
Steve

#9 Opuntia

Opuntia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

As for padding between the title and the text, I can run this by our development team to see if this is a setting they can make. I will keep you posted. Steve

Any news on this?

Edited by Opuntia, 22 February 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#10 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

No update yet on the ability to add in the option for ascending order for the News view and not sure yet if/when they will be able to add in padding options. I will update this post once I hear more.
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users