#1 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• Trumba Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:19 AM

Hello all,

Currently, there is a way to not offer daily repeat in the submission form. Could it be possible to not allow repeat at all?

Next, I would like to see the ability to edit the title of default fields in the submission form or to omit certain default fields alltogether. For my one event type, the start date and duration date chooser is not necessary in the submission form, if I include the publish dates and add a custom field for deadline date. The default date chooser implies the date the event starts, not the date they would like to start the listing. And for events that have a deadline, it gets confusing to some people. There is the ability to hide the web link or location. I think we should have the ability to hide the date fields as well so that we could add custom fields.

all the best,
Joe

#2 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:25 PM

The only workaround I can suggest for the time being is for you to customize the event submission form and include additional instructions in one of the three text fields (Before Submitter; After Submitter Info or Before Event Info sections). Here you could provide detailed instructions on how to fill out the form and what values to enter/provide into each field below. This may help clarify it for the users to help avoid confusion.

#3 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• Trumba Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:37 AM

Thanks for the advice Steve. Once again, a good workaround.

all the best,
Joe

#4 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

The event submission form settings have been updated to allow you to hide all of the repeating options or pick and choose specific repeating patterns to hide; change the labels of most of the built-in fields and most recently the option to set All Day as the default on the form. You can find these new settings for the event submission form under Publish>Event Submission tab and then click Edit Settings & Styles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users