Sign in to follow this  
Singular

Custom Sort Order on Custom Fields

Hello all,

The new feaured list of choices upgrade is very nice. But I wanted to know if there are plans to allow for ordering of the list. If I have the following list:

• contests
  • workshops
  • classes
  • tours
  • scholarships
  • all other opportunities

How do I get all other opportunities to be displayed at the bottom? It currently defaults to alphabetical.

all the best,

Joe

Hey Steve,

I see that you guys added this functionality recently. I found this in the "What's New" section of Trumba:

List of Choices Field Value Order - You can now enable a custom sort order sequence number on list of choices fields that allows you to specify the order of values when entering data or filtering events.

Is there any documentation on this?

thanks,

Joe

You can enable a custom sort order sequence number on the List of Choices fields that allows you to specify the order of values when entering data and/or filtering events.

To change the order, go to Define Custom Fields and edit the custom field(s) that are part of your List of Choices and you will now see the option for Custom Sort Order. Edit each value and give each value a number.

Here is the link to the help topic.

Calendars cannot be listed with a custom sort order and will display in alphabetical order.

Hi Steve,

About filtering: any idea if there are plans to allow more that three filter spuds per calendar in the near future?

all the best,

Joe

Edited by Singular

At this time there are no plans to increase the number of filtered levels from three, mainly due to the performance issues that could result from this change.

Thanks,

Steve

I definitely understand. One more thing that I forget to ask.

Is filtering going to be allowed in submission forms eventually? What I mean by that is having the same trigger effect. Here is an example. I have a field in the submission form for Location Type, which has 3 choices: National, Regional and Local. If I select Regional, it would trigger another set of choices which would be one of the 5 regions of the country. But if I select Local, it would trigger a different set of choices, which would be one of the 50 states.

thanks for all of your help.

Joe