2 replies to this topic

#1 Soleil

Soleil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

I wrote a little while ago about including a feature that allows users to comment on and rank events (which is a common feature with other event calendars). Any movement on this?

#2 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

While our development team likes the idea and sees potential, they would like me to get some additional information from you on how you (and others) see this potentially working with the events in Trumba. Feel free to send us scenarios, links to other sites, etc.

Trumba displays events on a calendar based on the start date of the event. If you have an ongoing event, like an art exhibition, I can see where a user rating system could work. Is that the type of events you have in mind? If there is a one-time event on the calendar, let's say it starts on May 1, 2009 by the time a user adds a comment or ranks the event they would have had to attend the event first and by that time the event will no longer display as an event on the calendar unless the user goes "back in time" to view the event. We are trying to better understand the usefulness of this if that is the use case scenario for this feature? Or is the scenario where you want to allow visitors to your site the option of looking at all of the events you have listed in the future and have a way of saying "I was at this event last year and highly recommend it!". Then the more people that recommend a specific event it gets 5 stars, etc?

#3 Soleil

Soleil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

I think the option would be nice both with ongoing events and single day events. In the case of ongoing, yes - they might give some sort of review. But, even with single day events, a user browsing the calendar might see something interesting coming up and might want to comment about it, e.g., sounds cool, I love this group, etc. It could be similar to the options you have in Facebook (comment, like, show feedback). Goldstar (www.goldstar.com) also provides a lot of options for user interaction. You might have to create an account to take a look. Also, their share on Facebook seems to automatically populate the Facebook fields (including the event image).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users