The FB share option is kinda cool, except not all customized fields are populated in the event that is created. And, actually, I'm less interested in creating a "Facebook event" and more interested in posting the "Trumba event" information to my wall. Currently, when I post the event permalink to my wall, it's pretty bland because the event image isn't included. Is it possible to change that?

There is currently no additional functionality changes to the way events are added to Facebook, however I will submit this as a feature request for you:)

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks, Steve - but note that I'm not referring to a FB event, I just want to be able to post to my wall and include my permalink that will also allow me to include an image and the event text.

Currently, a posted hyperlink includes no event text, rather the following displays:

"To-Dos!http://soleilstodos.com/newtodos.htm?tru...Your browser must support JavaScript to view this content. Please enable JavaScript in your browser settings then try again.

1 of 19Choose a ThumbnailNo Thumbnail"

The only available thumbnails are from my site, rather than the detail image or event image.

Adding an item as a FB event is hardly better. Not only is insufficient detail/image included with the event posting, but I'm required to take a second step to post it to my wall when all I want is to post the Trumba event to my wall (i.e., I'm not interested in creating a FB event). If you browse my wall at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Soleils-To-Dos/64781457722, you'll see how a FB application allows my RSS feed to post events to my wall. This is the same effect that I'd like to accomplish by posting my permalink.

We’ve added links that now allow your site visitors to quickly post events to Facebook and Twitter. This is currently only available on the Event Detail view for the event (not yet available on the main calendar views). The options appear at the bottom of the Event Details screen along with the other Event Actions such as Add to My Calendar, Forward to Friends, etc:

DgBYrE2dFmdBELoBRhs2TqeD.jpg

If you select the Post to Facebook icon and you are not logged in to Facebook you will see a login screen for you to log in to your Facebook account.

DgC9Ey4Fty53dJJwWavXAMnU.jpg

If you are logged in to Facebook and you click Post to Facebook, you will then see this screen where you can add your comment and then click Share to post the event to your Facebook wall:

DgAciNS33TPvjDckzpWaBb3K.jpg

If you are not logged in to Twitter and you select the Post to Twitter option it will give you a login screen.

If you are logged in to Twitter and you select Post to Twitter you will see this screen with your post that you can edit or just click Tweet:

DgC14wEjmO7s9PGWlG6xJYtw.jpg

The post to Facebook and Twitter icons are enabled by default for all existing published calendars and any new calendars you published, however if you do not want to have these options displayed for your events, you can disable these options.

To Disable the Post to Facebook & Twitter option

If you do not want to see the Post to Facebook and Post to Twitter options on the Event Detail view for your events you can disable these options. First select your published calendar in Trumba and click Publish>Calendar Spuds tab and then click Edit Settings & Styles for the Event Detail view. Locate the Footer section and you will see the options to “Show post to Facebook” and “Show post to Twitter” which are enabled by default and if you would like to disable one or both, you can change the setting to “No” and click OK.

Additional Information about images:

When using images with events, Facebook requires all images to be 100 pixels or larger. Anything smaller than 100 pixels will not display in Facebook and may produce an error posting to Facebook. The post to Facebook will always try to pull in the Event Image and if it cannot, it will pull in the Detail Image. For example, if you have an event on your calendar and you are using just the Event Image field and that image is 70px x 70px, the event will post on Facebook without an image. If you are using both an Event Image and a Detail Image and both are 100px or larger, the Event Image will display with the Facebook post. If you are using both an Event Image and a Detail Image and the Event image is 70px x 70px and the Detail Image is 400px x 250px, the Detail Image will display with the Facebook post.

Thanks, Steve! Your reply suggests that images should also post when sharing on FB. My images have never posted. Is this a work in progress?