3 replies to this topic

#1 adevandry

adevandry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:39 PM

I have heard from a handful of people this week that they are not receiving the emails. they are on the email recipients list correctly, and the name/email address is not red with the exclamation points.

I asked them to check their spam mail, and they all said the email is not there either.

If what they are saying is true, then I suspect many more of my customers, perhaps hundreds, are not receiving the emails, and yet there is no way for me to know unless they tell me.

This is a major flaw in Trumba's software, in my opinion.

#2 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:30 PM

Hi Aaron,
Based on our email discussion earlier today I think we discovered that the issue has to do with possibly a handful of individuals who have opted out from receiving Trumba emails completely, which is why they are not receiving the emails. In the Trumba system these emails are tagged with "SendNoEmail". If they would like to continue to receive emails, they can opt back in by contacting support@trumba.com and provide their email address and a statement that they would like to continue to receive emails from trumba.com, then we can reset the flag on their email account.
Thanks,
Steve

#3 adevandry

adevandry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

If that is the case, why aren't their names marked red with the exclamation pts? Or why are they even still on the list?

If they opt-out, doesn't Trumba remove them from the list automatically? I mean what if my organization plans on using that list to send out other non-Trumba emails? We can't rely on that if there are people listed there who have opted out.

#4 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

When an individual sets the option/or requests to "Send No Email", this does not trigger the double red exclamation marks next to their email address. That is reserved if the email has bounced (we have attempted to send email to the site visitor three times, however it was rejected by the email client and returned to Trumba). This triggers the double red exclamation marks to appear next to the email address.

Trumba, by design, allows the site visitor the option of managing what emails they receive. Often times site visitors go on leave, vacation, etc., and we provide them the option to OPT out from an distribution list or to "Send No Email" and upon return from leave, vacation, etc, they can go back in and check the various calendars they may still be interested in getting emails from, OPT back in and continue to get emails again.

We do keep the email addresses in the list just so the Trumba account holder has visibility to see everyone that has subscribed to the email. If they opt out of an email, we do not remove them from the distribution list automatically as they may want to get the email(s) again at a later time.

Also, when an individual subscribes to an email from a calendar, they are only granting permission to Trumba Corporation to send them an email from the calendar they have subscribed to. The email addresses they provide are not intended to be shared or used to send out other emails from Trumba or non-Trumba emails, without the consent of the owner of that email address.

Here is additional information about the Trumba Privacy Policy.

Thanks,
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users