Past events - using descending sort

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 siobhan

siobhan
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

I'm using a promotion spud to show past events. It asks for number per page and I set it to 30, but where it has the "See all" at the bottom of the screen, it then pops me to the main event list area, which does not show past events, but only future events.

Unless I actually know how many events to have on the list, and then use that number as the number of events to show, this causes a problem. Any suggestions?

#2 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

On the page where you are showing past events with a promotion spud, by default it tries to link back to the main calendar. which by default is displaying events in ascending order. You can change the settings for the main calendar to default to descending order in the settings for some of the calendar sputs. When an event is selected you are redirected back to the main calendar, the main calendar will always show the most current events looking to the future and not in the past.

One idea is to remove the teaserBase line of code in the spud, which will prevent the link from going back to the main calendar page. You can instead link the promotion spud to the Event Action page where a site visitor can take various event actions.

#3 siobhan

siobhan
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:14 AM

I would make a recommendation, though, for the software developers to create a way for the past events (from yesterday on) to automatically go into an archived calendar. The work involved in maintaining an archive, by having to click on each event and then make it a part of the Archive calendar versus the calendar(s) they are a part of, is just another task in my never-ending list of things to do.

If this could automatically happen, that would be ideal.

#4 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:13 AM

What you can do instead of selecting each event individually to change the owning calendar, is to change your view in Trumba to the "List" view. From here you can navigate to a previous month view and see a complete listing of events in the past and then either do a "Select All", which will select all events in view on that page (about 100) or manually check the check boxes next to the events you would like to archive. In the drop down directly above the events you would select "Move events to..." and in the next drop down to the right you select the "Archived Calendar" and click Go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users