7 replies to this topic

#1 dtsipian

dtsipian

Advanced Member

• Trumba Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

I would like to use this spud in a way I haven't found on the forums and I'm looking for help.

I want to display an event image ONLY.
The images would rotate/scroll through a list of events that are part of that particular calendar (i.e. Events Calendar) The images would ages out as the events occur in the past.

If you clicked on a particular image, the link would take you to that specific event.

I'm currently doing this using other means but it is very time consuming & manual process. TRUMBA is so easy to use and I'm trying to enable this feature so my non technical office staff, (REALLY non-technical!!) can simply add an event with a image and then it would presented in this fashion.

Is there a way to get the Photo Events Spud to work like this and only display the image and embedded link to the event?

Thanks!!

Demetri

#2 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Demetri,
We currently do not support an animated promotion spud with images. We offer the Fader and Vertical Crawler promotion spuds, however they do not support images. The Photo Upcoming promotion spud can be used to just display images, however it does not support animation. Also any images that are on an event calendar or promotion spud are not hyperlinked to the event. Sorry I don't even have another workaround for you on this one. We do have a few other clients requesting these so I have added your name to each of those feature requests.
Steve

#3 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:43 AM

There actually is a way to display only an image that has an embedded link to the event details screen. However, you can't rotate images. If you choose a "list" calendar spud and add featured levels for your events, you can choose "Image is Event Layout" as one of the featured level layouts. That will allow you to add all of your event details like you normally would, but will only display the image on the events calendar page. When you click the image, it will take you to the details screen. I have used this method in the past for displaying banners throughout my events calendar.

Not sure if that will help you, but you could perhaps use this technique for your short term needs.

all the best,
Joe

#4 dtsipian

dtsipian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback and comments. Add my name to the list as this is something that we could use.

#5 dtsipian

dtsipian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Any movement on this topic?

#6 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Sorry - still no update to share on this one as we currently do not support animation with the images in the Promotion spuds that allow images.
-Steve

#7 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Images that you have added to events with the Event Image field can now be included in both the Vertical Crawler and Fader Promotion spuds within Trumba. To add images, select your published calendar and click Publish>Promotion Spuds tab and if you are already using these spuds, select Edit Settings & Styles. If you are not yet using them, click Add a Promotion Spud in the upper right corner and select them from the list.

On the Settings tab you will now see the Image Options section where you can enable images for the top, bottom, left or right and specify the width/height.
Steve

#8 dtsipian

dtsipian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for making this happen, Great Feature!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users