Event Registration for Repeating Event

I work with a volunteer organization of 25 individuals. We have weekly recurring meetings and would like to better track who will show up on any given night. Many folks travel a long distance so it's important that we know ahead of time if the meeting should be cancelled due to poor attendance.

The "Event Registration" feature is great but doesn't support this process very well on a repeating event. (i.e. When event and registration are created for a repeating event, the individual must accept the invite for all or none of the meetings) Most of us don't know if we can make a meeting 3 months from now, so accepting "All" defeats the purpose of the event registration. The only other option is to set a meeting invite up for each weekly meeting and I don't have that kind of time to manage this process each week. (It's easier to just call people) I'm hoping there's a way to automate this process and I'm looking for suggestions.

What I'd like to do is:

1. Create a weekly repeating event for our meeting

2. Invite the individual attendees via the "Distribution List"

3. Determine how many days in advance the Event Registration should be sent out (i.e. 4 days before)

4. Have Trumba automatically send out a weekly recurring invite (i.e. 4 days before) for each individual weekly meeting

5. Allow each member the ability to register for each weekly meeting (i.e. 4 days before)

6. Have a reminder sent out 1 day before (or any other amount)

Trumba can support all of these scenarios.

The preferred way of setting these up would be to have individual events with event registration, especially when it comes to sending out invitations to register for the event. If you do create a weekly repeating event with registration, you can set up the registration so that a visitor can select and register for only their selected occurrence; every event in the repeating series; visitor chooses specific occurrences from a list; or let the visitor choose from this list of options.

DgBt4qYrQA4jhxz5%2AYc2Nbg2.jpg

These options are only valid if the event registration is set up with Open Sign Up. These options are not valid for when you Send invitations to register for an event.

To recap:

1. Create a weekly repeating event for our meeting - You can currently do this, however I would recommend setting the events up as Open Sign Up with the option for the visitor to register for only their selected occurrence.

2. Invite the individual attendees via the "Distribution List" - Not recommended with events in a repeating series as they will not be able to select the specific event in the series they want to register for.

3. Determine how many days in advance the Event Registration should be sent out (i.e. 4 days before) - We do have this option as the invitation emails will be sent out when you click the OK button on the Pending Email screen that appears after clicking OK on the event registration screen.

4. Have Trumba automatically send out a weekly recurring invite (i.e. 4 days before) for each individual weekly meeting - We currently cannot do this, and this would be something you would have to manually set up and send out. We do offer a weekly email that can be sent out for a published calendar that you can schedule on a specific day of the week. If you do this, again I recommend setting up the events to be an Open Sign Up, and make sure the people you want to register for the events are part of the weekly email distribution list.

5. Allow each member the ability to register for each weekly meeting (i.e. 4 days before) - The only way currently to do this is when the event registration is setup as an Open Sign Up, as you can set it so they can Only their selected occurrence. This option does not apply to sending out invitations.

6. Have a reminder sent out 1 day before (or any other amount) - You can set up both a 1st and 2nd reminder that can be sent out to registrants. You can set the preferred time frame prior to the start date/time to send the reminder along with a custom message.. In addition, when a person registers for an event there is the option at the bottom of the registration form they can select to also be emailed a reminder minutes/hours/days/weeks before the event starts.

DgBld2MCaWyWYni9Ww86wDbx.jpg