2 replies to this topic

#1 Singular

Singular

Advanced Member

• Trumba Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

I was wondering if you knew if this was in the works. Displaying information on the event detail page pretty much is straight forward. All of the fields that are on your event template get displayed, if they are not empty.What is we do not want all of the fields to display on the detail page?

Example: You have a calendar which lists a bunch of events with a lot of info. So on the main calendar view, you have a list spud which shows a summary because you do not want to show all of the details. You also do not want to truncate the notes field on the main calendar view because it might not show all of the summary. What you want is to show the summary field on the main calendar view, but show the notes field on the detail page. You do not want to show both on the detail page because it would be repetitive.

Is there any plans to allow users to choose what fields to display on the detail page?

#2 Opuntia

Opuntia

Advanced Member

• Trumba Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

I second this request. I too would love the option of choosing which fields display on the event details page, mainly because a lot of the time the Summary and Notes fields tend to be pretty similar and displaying both is just duplicative. I tend to think that the Summary field will display in the main calendar page (due to space reasons) and then when the visitor clicks the link to go to the event details page then the Notes field could be displayed (and the Summary field hidden...if given the choice).

#3 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Currently the Classic Table view and the List calendar view along with a the Photo Upcoming Promotion Spud and Upcoming Date table Promotion Spud allow you to control the fields that display. There is not an option currently to control the fields that appear on the event detail view. Currently all published fields will display on the Event Details page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users