Sign in to follow this  

Sharing calendars

We're trying to mimic the Exchange server user experience. Is there a setting where the details of an appointment can be hidden, and only the time is blocked out to show availability to users of a shared calendar? Thanks.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for participating on the Trumba forum.

Right now, there are a couple levels of sharing possible in Trumba OneCalendar. You can share a calendar with someone else for read-only access or for editing, and you can mark appointments as private (in which case they would not show up at all when someone views the calendar from another Trumba account).

The feature you are speaking of - free/busy sharing - happens to be among the most popularly requested features. (I wish I had an announced date I could share with you about its availability!)

I am imagining that you are trying out Trumba OneCalendar in a small business setting.

Anne

Yes, we are a small business.

Is there any way to do a "work around" to get the same result? Also, is there a feature similar to Outlook where, if I'm inviting multiple people, I can see their availability on one screen versus going to each of their calendars?

Thanks. Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for participating on the Trumba forum.

Right now, there are a couple levels of sharing possible in Trumba OneCalendar. You can share a calendar with someone else for read-only access or for editing, and you can mark appointments as private (in which case they would not show up at all when someone views the calendar from another Trumba account).

The feature you are speaking of - free/busy sharing - happens to be among the most popularly requested features. (I wish I had an announced date I could share with you about its availability!)

I am imagining that you are trying out Trumba OneCalendar in a small business setting.

Anne

Hi Dave,

For a free/busy sharing workaround, the only thing I know of is to create a second event that's the same as the private event, but the second one contains a generic title and no location info or notes, and it's not marked private. Sharees would see only the generic event and know that the time is not available. I'm sorry I can't offer a better workaround while we're waiting for the free/busy feature to be implemented. If anyone else has found a better way to do this, please let us know!

About the second question, if everyone's sharing their calendar with you, you can mix all of the calendars into your calendar to see everyone's availability in one view. For info about mix-ins, see Organize events from multiple calendars. Let me know if I didn't understand the question correctly or you have any others.

Jill / Trumba User Assistance