Exact Phrase Search in URLs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carolmc

carolmc
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'm trying to create a URL that links to a certain view of our calendar using an exact phrase search. Based on the help I thought I understood that this was possible, but it doesn't seem to be working. 

When I use the following snippet in my URL, I do get events that have the phrase "contemporary book discussion."  However, I also get events that just have those three words somewhere in the Notes.  I really only want events with that exact phrase. Is that kind of search possible?

?trumbaEmbed=search%3Dcontemporary%20book%20discussion

#2 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

The search will scan all events looking for those keywords and not the specific phrase, so you will get the specific phrase as well as any events that match the keywords. If you want to pull just the phrase, you may want to set up a Filter View, this way you can create a Filter View called Contemporary Book Discussion (if that phrase is the description of the event OR a value in a custom field).

And here is another Help topic that provides some of the URL parameters supported including the filter view parameter for URLs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users