• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Connie

Connie

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:09 PM

Typically, when you send a scheduled calendar email message, the email message recipients get includes a link at the bottom to the entire calendar.

We've received comments from customers who want to send a calendar email but don't want to give the recipients (or anyone to whom the recipients might forward the message) access to the entire calendar.

Here is a way that you can send a scheduled email message without making your entire calendar available.

Publish the calendar for which you are setting up a scheduled calendar email. In step 4 of the publishing pipeline, password protect the calendar and set the calendar to be unsearchable by Web search engines. (For more information, see Password protect a calendar and Exclude your calendar from Web searches.

For the same calendar, set up a scheduled email message. When recipients click the link at the bottom of the email message to see the entire calendar, they will prompted for the published calendar's password.

Let us know if you try this method and have any problems.
Connie / Trumba User Assistance

• Guests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:35 AM

* We've received comments from customers who want to send a calendar email but don't
* want to give the recipients (or anyone to whom the recipients might forward the message)
* access to the entire calendar.

I would love this feature!

* Here is a way that you can send a scheduled email message without making your entire
* calendar available. Publish the calendar for which you are setting up a scheduled calendar
* email. In step 4 of the publishing pipeline, password protect the calendar and set the
* calendar to be unsearchable by Web search engines... For the same calendar, set up a
* scheduled email message. When recipients click the link at the bottom of the email
* message to see the entire calendar, they will prompted for the published calendar's
* password.

This method takes care of some of the functionality requested, but leaves out an important element. How does this keep the recipients from having access to the entire calendar? Once the recipients enter the password, the entire calendar is available to them, not just the scheduled entry to which I want to give access.

I suppose I could create a sub-calendar for any appointment where I wanted to interact with the invitee. If I were to do this, I would end up with thousands of calendars in no time.

I hope you will keep working on this and give us a way to invite someone to an event entered in one of our calendars, but not give that recipient access to the entire calendar.

#3 Jill

Jill

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:33 AM

Hi Mr. Davis,
Thanks very much for your comments on this. I agree that it would be a nice feature, and we have had other comments about it, too. I'll add yours to our existing feature request. I'm sorry I don't have any new info to share on this at the moment.

Jill / Trumba UA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users