Can I have one account and multiple editor accounts?

Guest gwilliams

Guest gwilliams

We are considering using Trumba for a school calendar and would like numerous calendars to be displayed. We also would like different people to update each calendar. E.g. someone on the volleyball team will be given the login and password and can update the volleyball schedules. Similar calendars would be used for basketball, football, band, choir, etc. I understand that if you share the login and password across a large group you do not know who is making the changes and you are more subject to someone getting on and posting inappropriate information or tampering with the schedules.

1. I understand that you could have one school account and share only specific sub calendars with specific people. This would require them to be members of Trumba on their own but would appear to solve this concern. Am I correct?

2. What other problems would exist with just one account and numerous editors that you might not have if you had separate accounts for each calendar? FYI We are not concerned about overlapping events etc as this calendar is used to REPORT what the school has decided to do and not used by the school to decide what to schedule and when.

I have put my answers under your quoted questions.

gwilliams said:
1. I understand that you could have one school account and share only specific sub calendars with specific people. This would require them to be members of Trumba on their own but would appear to solve this concern. Am I correct?

Yes, this is exactly how it works.

gwilliams said:
2. What other problems would exist with just one account and numerous editors that you might not have if you had separate accounts for each calendar?

If one person at a time is signed in, you can have as many editors as you want. Each person can be assigned to an Editor account with their own email address/password for their login.