Sign in to follow this  
Guest martini

External Links in the calendar

Guest martini

I've imbedded the calendar in a webpage. the calendar entry has a link to a website but when I click the link the site is shown in the IFrame. can this be fixed to pop a new window or show in the whole page and if so how?

thanks.

Hi martini. Thanks very much for posting to the forum.

I'm not completely clear about what you mean by an external link in the iFrame.

Did you actually add a link to another Web site/page to the html code you created to embed the calendar in your own site? If you added the link, you can control whether or not the site you are linking to opens in a new window. You do this by adding target = "_blank" to the code.

For example, if you wanted to link to Google and have the link open in a separate page, you would add this code:

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.google.com">Link text</a>

If you didn't add a link yourself, are you referring to links to calendar events on the embedded calendar? These do open in the iFrame to show a specific event's details. You can return to the calendar by hitting the Back button in the browser.

If I'm missing what you're saying altogether, forgive me and perhaps send a link to the page where you've embedded the calendar. If you don't want the link to appear on this public forum, you can send it to support at corp.trumba.com.

Thanks.

Connie

Hi martini,

Thanks for providing the link to your page. I'm suspecting that right now there's not a way to change how this behaves. Depending on what browser you're using, though, you can use its method for opening links in new windows. For example, with IE and Firefox, you can right-click the link and choose to open it in a new window (or a separate tab if it's Firefox).

I can log a feature request for being able to control how those Web links open. Before I do, I'll make sure you can't already do that, and if you can, I'll be back with more info. Thanks for noticing that and asking about it.

Jill / Trumba User Assistance

Guest martini

Yes please let me know, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would take advantage of the external links. I'm not sure but I think in the code of the link a simple _blank should do it.

Thanks.

Hi martini,

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention. We checked with our developers and they'll be addressing this matter. We'll post an update as soon as we know more.

Regards,

Anne / Trumba Support

If you have not checked out the change in functionality recently, please do.

I hope the change addresses the issue.

Anne / Trumba Support