Sign in to follow this  

Embedded widget in web page - open in new window

Great product! I have a couple questions to shorten the time to get this program completely finished and running for my people.

I have the widget running, but...

1. one question is - why I don't see the arrows arross at the top to show different months? There is a picture on the web page that discusses adding the embedded widget and it shows a small calendar with a left and right arrow. That's what I'm missing?

2. The other question I have is that when someone clicks on the date in the widget, I need to open another window, just like "target=_blank" does with standard HTML.

Edited by Strix

Hi Strix,

Glad you think it is a great product!

I was just looking at a site that has our recently added feature working:

<url removed March 20, 2006>

You are right that our illustration in our instructions shows arrows that suggest you can scroll to other months. We'll look into the matter and post a response.

http://www.trumba.com/help/publish/embedhowteaser.html

In the site I was viewing (above), having the page change to the calendar page feels like a good flow rather than having it open in a new window. Will check in to your request and see if there's a way to set things up so you can have the calendar page open on your site, but in a separate window.

Cheers,

Anne / Trumba Support

Hi Strix. Very glad to see you're using the date finder widget.

I have some additional information to add. The art in the Help topic was incorrect it turns out. The date finder widget will not have any arrows on the top that you can use to move between months. Instead, when a new month arrives, the widget will refresh automatically.

I have corrected the art in the Help topic (How to embed date finder widgets in Web pages).

I very much appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

Connie

Hi Connie, Thanks for posting an update on the new date finder widget. It is great that it's already being used!

For anyone reading along, the illustration update will be reflected on our site shortly (probably by the end of the week).

Strix, I checked on your request about having the calendar open in a separate window. There isn't a way to do this with what we have currently, but I will get your feature request to the right folks.

Anne / Trumba Support