Sign in to follow this  
dtsipian

Formatting Embedded Calendar

I've just upgraded my account to the Pro version and I need some help.

1. I don't see any difference. How long does it take to update my account?

2. I would like to format the calendar. Do you have any guidelines of what I can/cannot do?

3. I'm still getting the event detail formatting problem

( http://stsconstantine-helen.com/Content/Pa...Calendar2.html) Choose an item to see event detail.

4. I don't see the option to choose the calendar view like in your examples. (ie the pull down menu at the bottom of the calendar that let's you choose your view.)

5. I would like to have a "MINI" version of the list view on my home page. This would list the next 5-10 items on the calendar. I would like the Date and then item decription to appear w/ the item decsription being link. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Demetri

Hi Demetri,

Thank you for upgrading to Trumba Calendar Professional. Each of your responses to your questions (in bold) are posted below:

1. I don't see any difference. How long does it take to update my account?

It happens immediately. If you are signed in and you don't have the share button, signing out and signing back in should take care of the matter.

2. I would like to format the calendar. Do you have any guidelines of what I can/cannot do?

We have a number of different formatting options in the Publish Pipeline. Additionally, you can specific the actual colors for your calendars. This is possible with both the Free and the paid versions of our product.

We have help topics related to Publishing that may be useful.

Also, we hope to have more features going forward that allow even more customization than we do today.

3. I'm still getting the event detail formatting problem

( http://stsconstantine-helen.com/Content/Pa...Calendar2.html) Choose an item to see event detail.

Jill (one of our other forum moderators) and I just looked into this. In the test we did, removing the height = 431 that is a few lines above code that is related to showing your calendar fixes the issue.

4. I don't see the option to choose the calendar view like in your examples. (ie the pull down menu at the bottom of the calendar that let's you choose your view.)

This isn't available yet with our embedded views today as an automatic option. But, if you went to your published calendar on the Trumba site, you'll be able to find the choice that allows you to change views.

5. I would like to have a "MINI" version of the list view on my home page. This would list the next 5-10 items on the calendar. I would like the Date and then item decription to appear w/ the item decsription being link. Is this possible?

We have this as a feature request and don't have such an option today. However, it is on our requested list. We do have a MINI calendar that you can include on your main page, which might be an possible interim solution.

calteaser.gif

Hope this information is useful to you.

Best wishes,

Anne / Trumba Support

Anne/Trumba Support

Thanks for the reply!

1. Thanks!

2. When might the "new" formatting features be available? I'd love to test them out if you need testers.

3. I've made the change you suggested and it had no impact. In fact I've tried several different things and can't get it to format properly. It seems that the menu is the problem. If I disable the navigation menus, then it seems to work properly. Unfortunately this is not an option. Do you have any other ideas?

4. When might this be available?

5. I had already included the mini calendar on the main page and it works GREAT! I'm going to try to snatch an rss feed and accomplish this while you guys work on adding this feature. Do you have any idea when it may be released?

Thanks again!

Demetri

Hi Demetri,

Hope you don't mind my jumping in here to give you some answers to your latest post.

2. When might the "new" formatting features be available? I'd love to test them out if you need testers.

I don't have exact dates for you today, but I know that some changes will start to trickle out during the next few weeks. I'll try to let you know when the first changes are available, but you can also check here and in our What's New page.

3. ...Do you have any other ideas?

I asked Anne about this, and she thought we should have you try the alternative calendar embedding process. The alternative has you insert an iframe for your calendar and might cause less trouble on your site. You can get the directions in Embed calendar components using iframes.

4. When might this be available?

I'm actually not sure when this will be available. However, you can provide your own links to the views you want people to have by using query strings with the calendar's URL. Here's a post that talks about this. The post links off to the corresponding Help file, but it also contains info about embedded calendars specifically (which the Help does not, which reminds me, I need to add it!). If you really wanted to be slick, you could probably even create your own drop-down with the different view choices you create as the list items...

5. Do you have any idea when it may be released?

This is another item that's coming very soon. At this time, though, I don't know how many items it'll show (or whether you can specify how many, etc.). So the best I can say is keep in touch, because we'll post the news when it's available.

Please let us know what you find out about #3, ok? Good luck!

Jill / Trumba User Assistance