• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:38 AM

Does Trumba currently have the ability to have customers sign up for an event on the calendar and possibly even pay for it?

In other words:

I need a calendar that will display all of my shops classes and allow my customers to register/sign up for what ever class they want. I'd also like to have the ability take a class deposit/class fee, via paypal or some other source. Can Trumba do that? If not, who does?

#2 Connie

Connie

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:00 AM

Hi quilthug. Thanks for posting your question to the forums.

You can set up an open invitation for an event in Trumba Calendar. An open invitation allows anyone who opens the event details on a published calendar to sign up to attend the event. You can track the people who have signed up, etc.

For more information, see How to invite people to events.

Right now, Trumba does not provde any way for people to pay for an event they sign up for using paypal or any other method.

I am not familiar with any places that support invitations and taking payment. From doing a quick Google search, I discovered www.eventsonline.ca, which looks like it might provide that service. I'm sure you could fine more places with a more thorough search.

Connie / Trumba User Assistance

#3 DanceScape

DanceScape
  • Trumba Community Member
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Dancing - from Ballroom, Latin and Salsa, to Hip Hop, Flamenco and Ballet.

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

Is there any way that we can include a link to our online shopping system so that they can register. Does the description support HTML so we can include a "book now" type of button which links them there?

Also, can we export registrant information ... e.g., if people sign up and we want to bring into some report so that we know who has paid to attend an event?

WOuld you consider having a module that enable registrants to sign up?

Also, what about scheduling resources ... if we have seminar leaders whom we want to assign and need to schedule resources for an event, making sure enough teachers/leaders/seminar leaders and not double book, etc.

#4 Connie

Connie

• PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:11 AM

Hi DanceScape. Thanks for posting to the forum.

At this moment, you can't export the list of people who have signed up for an event but that is a feature that we are implementing so stay tuned on that one.

You can use HTML in the Notes field when you create an event. For a description of the HTML tags we support, see Use HTML code to format text in event and email notes.

You ask "Would you consider having a module that enables registrants to sign up." We do support that now. You can create closed invitations for events to which you want to invite specific guests or open invitations for events open to the general public. In both cases, the event organizer receives and can manage the responses. For more information see Overview: Invite people to events.

At the moment, we don't have any specific support for resource management. We are in the process of implementing booking features, which will allow limiting the number of people who can sign up for a particular event and waiting lists.

Hope this answers your questions.
Connie / Trumba User Assistance

#5 akalli

akalli

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:38 PM

Here's what we did to work around the whole payment thing...we created customized paypal buttons for each event using the paypal button wizard on paypals website. We put those buttons next to each event description on our website and bookmarked them. We put the url (including the bookmark) into the Ticket Web Link field on the trumba form (we use the Education template) for the corresponding event item. This process seems to work like a charm.

The user clicks on an event item in the calendar, they click RSVP to sign up for the event, they click the link in the Ticket Web Link field which opens a new window and takes them directly to a PayPal button on our website, when they click the PayPal button it has all the information for the event already there (name of event, cost of event, etc. ), they finish the PayPal process, they close the window and they are still on our Trumba calendar item. They get a reciept for thier payment from PayPal, they can put the event item on thier calendar, we get notification of registration from Trumba and of payment from PayPal.

For this kind of functionality in a free service, I don't know how it could get any easier. Plus it has the added bonus of bringing visitors to our website.

I hope some of this helps.

Andrea Kalli

#6 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:48 AM

Hi Andrea,
Wow, this is so clever! Thanks so much for posting the details about how you do this. Yes it helps a great deal.

I want to clarify something. When you say "Education template," do you mean that when you create an event, you select Education for the Event Type setting in the Event form? Just in case anyone's wondering where the Education publishing template is. :)

Also, when you say that you add the PayPal button next to the event description, it sounds like this is a non-calendar page on your site that lists your events, and you use this page's URL for your Ticket Web Link URL? In other words, you're not inserting the button into the Notes or other field in the Trumba Event form? I just want to make sure I understand this correctly so I can pass along the info accurately for others who ask about it. Please let me know if I'm way off here.

Thanks again!

Jill / Trumba UA

#7 akalli

akalli

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:05 AM

Hi Jill,
Right on both accounts.

1) The Education template is available from the dropdown for the Event Type. No customization needed. We did select that the Education template is our default in our Trumba account settings.

2) Yes, the Paypal buttons are on our company website and not anywhere in the Notes of the Trumba event. The url to our website is what we put into the Ticket Web Link field on the Trumba event form. The url is pointing specifically to the page of our website that lists the description of the class they just signed up for, and it's corresponding Paypal button.

This seemed like the most direct way to accomplish what we needed.

Andrea

Edited by akalli, 14 June 2006 - 10:05 AM.

#8 thinktank

thinktank
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:51 AM

Hi

after reading everything I could on this subject I think I have found the answer to get it to work as required!

Basically you can make a Paypal button into a text link which you can either paste into the notes section of the Trumba listing or into the ticket weblink.

you create the paypal button as such

for buy now and add to cart

<a href="PAYPAL URL?cmd=_s-xclick&INPUT TYPE NAME=ENCRYPTION" target="_blank">Buy ticket</a>

If you are pasting into the ticket weblink in Trumba then you need to remove the target and text link part - but this works brilliantly in the notes section.

happy ticketing!!!

#9 Michael Rabkin

Michael Rabkin
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

This remains an unacceptable "workaround" for collecting payment from registrants. This should be something that Trumba integrates into its core software. I found that functionality here: www.guestlistapp.com. As a nonprofit, our organization would benefit from their free service. I may link to this new service from within Trumba, but it duplicates what Trumba already offers - minus the payment collection.

Is Trumba working to make payment collection part of the core software? I sure hope so.

#10 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:35 AM

Hi Michael,
The feature enhancement to add paid registration is one of our most popular requested features and our development team does have this feature on their radar. We will post more information about this feature once it becomes available.

Thanks,
Steve

#11 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

Trumba has just released Paid Registration! We are excited about this new feature that offers our customers multiple ways to collect payment for events. With Trumba now you can accept credit card or PayPal payments, or, if you already have an existing merchant account you can collect payments through Authorize.net. Now your visitors and attendees can discover, register and pay for events all from your website.

With a Trumba Publisher account, paid events are only $1 per attendee plus 1% of transaction total. No additional charge for free events.

Contact Trumba Sales to start accepting payments today!

-Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users