Sign in to follow this  

Trouble formatting embedded calendar

Hi all,

I'm having a little trouble formatting my embedded calendar. I've searched forums for solutions and have read the "tips" pages. My embedded calendar works in IE but not in firefox. I am using Firefox 1.5 and windows XP. I have tries both the simple and IFrames solutions.

Here is the URL for my test calendar: http://www.joelotz.net/calendartest.html

I have tries both the simple and IFrames solutions, you can see it works in IE but not Firefox....any ideas?

Thanks!!

---joe

Hi Joe,

I split your post out into a new topic just so I don't lose one of you in the cross-fire. :)

When you say the calendar doesn't work in Firefox, what exactly does it do, and what kind of formatting do you want to do? When I click the link you gave, the calendar displays in Firefox 1.5 the same way it does in IE.

Maybe check the security settings in Firefox, too, to see if something's preventing the calendar from displaying (if that's the problem)? Let me know any other info you can pass along, and we'll try to figure this out.

Jill / Trumba User Assistance

I have checked the link on a different computer and it seems to work as you described. I would agree it must be security settings in my browser.

Thanks for your help!!

---joe

Hi Joe,

I split your post out into a new topic just so I don't lose one of you in the cross-fire. :)

When you say the calendar doesn't work in Firefox, what exactly does it do, and what kind of formatting do you want to do? When I click the link you gave, the calendar displays in Firefox 1.5 the same way it does in IE.

Maybe check the security settings in Firefox, too, to see if something's preventing the calendar from displaying (if that's the problem)? Let me know any other info you can pass along, and we'll try to figure this out.

Jill / Trumba User Assistance

I seem to have the same problem ... my embedded calendar works fine in IE, but doesn't show up in Firefox. What's strange is that Firefox DID work for me this afternoon, then it stopped. IE still works fine. I've tried enabling all Javascript, but still no effect. My embedded calendar is at http://www.openleftbox.com/weblog/events

Thanks for your help

Hi CosmicVoyager,

I'm sorry you're having this trouble. Is the calendar still not working in Firefox? I just opened your URL, and the embedded calendar was showing up, so if it's still not working for you, I might need to get some more info from you.

Are you able to try it on a different computer to see if the same thing happens? Could you try clearing out your Internet cache and cookies from Firefox, and see if that makes a difference? Let me know what you find out.

Jill / Trumba UA

I'm sorry you're having this trouble. Is the calendar still not working in Firefox? I just opened your URL, and the embedded calendar was showing up, so if it's still not working for you, I might need to get some more info from you.

Are you able to try it on a different computer to see if the same thing happens? Could you try clearing out your Internet cache and cookies from Firefox, and see if that makes a difference? Let me know what you find out.

Jill / Trumba UA

Jill,

Thanks for your reply. I found the answer in one of the other forums. If I'm still logged in to Trumba (even if I don't have a tab open), then the embedded calendar does not show up. It turns out it's not related to Firefox or IE, just that I mostly use Firefox. So by opening my Trumba calendar and then signing out, my embedded calendar shows up. It seems like a lot of people are having this problem, so perhaps it should be in the FAQ, or worked around.

Thanks again for your help

Hi CosmicVoyager,

Yes, we have a couple of situations that cause embedded spuds to not display:

• Using Norton Internet Security (NIS).

OR

• Enabling secure web pages in your Account Settings, and signing in with the "remember me" box checked. Opuntia figured this one out.

We think that we have found the issue with NIS and are hoping to release a fix later this week. I'll post on the forums when it is available. We also do have a known issue with not being able to display spuds while SSL security is enabled, and we're working on that, too. I don't have a timeframe on when that one will be resolved, but the current workaround is to not use the "remember me" setting.

Good idea on the FAQ -- I will put this issue in our Knowledgebase here in the forums. Thanks!

Jill / Trumba UA