Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Calendar Link with Password Included

For a Calendar published with password, isn't there some way to create a link that includes the password essentially providing for auto-login? I know that each PC that previously logged in with the "Remember Me" checked will provide auto-login, but I want the link to be on an already secured site so that any user of that site can get direct access to the Calendar.

Hi Dan

There isn't a way to do this right now. The remember me setting is cookie related I believe, so unless the computer has the cookie set, the user will have to enter the password. I can submit your request, though.

Jill / Trumba UA

I would be interested when this is made available.

I know it is a simple thing (under most circumstances).

Thanks

Just checking on request ... and clarifying.

Not looking to have the password saved in Cookie. Looking for a URL in a Web site to contain and pass the Login/password info to the login page form fields. I suspect that if I know more about html coding (or java scripting) I would know how to do it myself.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for checking in again on this. I won't have the details til Monday, but this is coming very soon (it's been done and is in testing). I'll be back on Monday to let you know more, i.e., when it'll be available.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi again, Dan,

Just coming back to confirm that we're hoping to make this option available in this week's release (Thurs. or Fri., subject to testing delay). At this moment, it looks like it'll be implemented as you are suspecting (via URL), and you'll be able to set up this option in step 4 of the publishing wizard. If for some reason there's a delay in its release, I'll let you know. If it's released but the Help for it isn't done yet, I'll post instructions here on Friday.

Jill / Trumba UA

Jill - I think it's time you as for a raise. Need a reference?

(Thanks)

. . . .

OHhh ... .just realized that we use one of the 'spuds' to provide the link to the full Calendar. Will this option be obviously enough to patch spuds also??

Edited by Dan

Hi Dan,

That's really nice, thank you! :) But I'm afraid you might want to retract your reference offer after you read my latest news. Unfortunately the feature is going to be delayed for another week. :( I'm sorry. But, yes, it is my understanding that you will be able to use this to "patch" spuds, too.

I'm sorry for the delay and for setting expectations I couldn't follow up on.

Jill / Trumba UA

Next week is fine. Still good news.

...and if you weren't busy answering my questions, you could have made it happen sooner. Reference intact.

We any closer yet?

Do not see new options in Publishing that would indicate this feature is available.

Thanks

Hi Dan,

Ugh. I knew that when I was suggesting a release date for something that wasn't ready, I was going to get myself into trouble. Yes, we are closer, and I know that dev is working hard on this and wants it to be available as soon as possible, but unfortunately it's not there this week. I'm really sorry for giving you false info -- twice! Lesson learned. :( I will be the first to let you know when it's available the moment that it is!

Jill / Trumba UA