Sign in to follow this  
Part One Tribe

Calendar Customization Question

I just started using the FREE version to display our bands tour dates. We are wondering if we are able to customize the background colors and font sizes and colors of our calendar. If you go to www.partonetribe.com you will see we are using the <script> the PUBLISH feature generates for us to place on our website. However the templates available dont match the color scheme of our website

Will the full version allow us the ability to change these options? please advise. We would like to buy but we need to know this before we make our decision

thanks

part one tribe

all original reggae, rock and blues music

www.partonetribe.com

Part One Tribe,

Welcome to the Trumba forums. Right now you can't change font sizes, but you can customize the background color of the events as well as of some of the text in events. These features are the same in the free version as they are in the Pro version. You can find more info here:

Set custom colors for published events

Let me know if this isn't what you're looking for.

Jill / Trumba UA

thanks

i looked at that help section. however i cant figure out how to customize the colors of the calendar. They say in Step 3 of the Publish option there is a spot where you can choose custom colors. Nowhere do I see that option no matter how many times I try doing it.

I am looking to basically just change the background color of the calendar and possibly the font color. our website is a blue/greenish background and we would like mimic that color

have i smoked myself stupid? i read this over a few times: http://www.trumba.com/help/publish/pub_colors.html

and nowhere do i see the ability to chage the colors on the publish, only things it is allowing me to do is pick a template and color scheme in step 1. please help!

thanks!!

Hi Part One Tribe,

If you go to Step 3, where you get to mix in calendars, you'll find the choice to customize the colors of the mixed in calendars.

Hope this helps. We are continuing to work on adding more choices, but don't have announced dates to share at the moment.

Hope this helps!

Anne / Trumba Support

nowhere on step 3 do i see a option for Mix In Calendars or any option for color picking

this is exactly what i am seeing in step 3:

Event Actions

Multiple event selection: YesNo Choosing "Yes" allows a calendar visitor to work with several events at a time. Choosing "No" limits the visitor to one event at a time. Learn more...

Paging and Grouping

Events to publish: All eventsFuture eventsCustom date range

Page by: Show all events Year Quarter Month Week Day Custom

thats all i see, other then my calendar below it, but nowhere on there is the options you are referring to

ATTACHED IS A SCREENSHOT OF STEP 3 THAT I AM SEEING

ss.jpg

arrgghh!!!!

Edited by Part One Tribe

Hi Part One Tribe,

Thanks so much for posting your screen shot. It turns out that the mix-in section doesn't appear if you don't have any other calendars that you can mix in. So to get the custom color section, in your account, create a new calendar (you don't have to use it or anything, just need a placeholder). Then go back to the publishing wizard, and in step 3, you'll see the calendar listed as one you can mix into the published one. In that mix-in section that appears at the top, you'll see the customize colors link.

I'll log a feature request to have this section, or at least the custom color link, appear regardless. I personally *always* want to change the default white color for events on the calendar I'm publishing, so I can imagine others feeling that way, too. I'm sorry for the confusion about this, but I'm glad to know now that this happens!

Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Jill / Trumba UA

Ok i was able to get to the customization however now i have another problem. When i select the background color, it displays the background color I pick but it fades it to a lighter color. doesnt make any sense. Here is a screenshow, i picked the hex value but instead of it showing the solid color, its creating some kind of odd ugly fade.

is there a way to make the background color i pick stay solid rather then the ugly fade? Also is there a way to edit the background color of the controls and event headings that is right above the event? as of now it remains white, even tho I pick a background color?

screenshot:

ss2.jpg

Edited by Part One Tribe

Hi Part One Tribe,

The fade is part of the template you're using, and it's actually designed to do that (I personally like how it looks. :) You can pick a different template to get different effects with the background color. That's about all you can do at the moment. Also, the controls and the other stuff you're noticing that you aren't able to change are part of the template. The template can't be customized yet, other than experimenting with the pre-defined color schemes in step 1. The styles and customization features are still evolving, so look for more flexibility in the future.

Jill / Trumba UA

Thanks for getting back to me... it looks like it puts that "fading" effect on ALL of the predefined templates in step 1. kind of a bummer :blink:

i jsut went and picked every template option and all the templates are definatly using that fading effect :( ... you guys might wanna consider that fade effect as a opt in our out option in the publish process

Edited by Part One Tribe