Dan

Who Entered The Event (Shared Calendars)?

Cuda swore last week I saw that when I hovered over an event, that the login subscriber (sharing the Calendar) showed indicating who entered the event. My hallucination has ended ... does not work that way today. We have an interest in that information. Best approach seems to be to enter it in the Notes field ... but is there any way to customize that field to have a "Prompt" show each time indicating "Entered By:" {{obviously other uses of pre-programmed prompts / forms could be envisioned}}

Any other ideas?

Hi Dan,

That's a nice idea. I'll log a feature request, but in the meantime, your solution sounds best.

I will mention that development is working on some custom fields features, and creating your own field that holds the name of the person who entered the event might work well. I don't know right now exactly when the features will be available, but hopefully within the next month.

Jill / Trumba UA

Well ... hallucinations return

There are "*" and "!" icons in the published viewable calendar that (on hover) indicate by who/when an item was added or revised, respectively. I see thse icons today for events added and revised today. The fact that the ones I saw last week are not thre is .... interesting.

What is the coding for them appearing or disappearing? I would prefer them to always be there.

Hi Dan,

These are new event (*) and update (!) symbols that appear on the published calendars or in the Recent Activity panel of people you share with or subscribe to your calendar. The symbol you see depends on what changed. There's some info about them here:

Notify others of your calendar updates

The symbols go away after a few days, because they're meant to alert users of the most recent changes. There isn't a way to change this at the moment. I'm glad you found out the source of your hallucinations, though. I don't think I knew about that little tool tip before.

Jill / Trumba UA

p.s. I still think the custom field features will work for this, and I'll let you know when they're available.

"I would prefer them to always be there"

... or at least the popup info. That is very useful even if the event was entered weeks ago.

Imagine, I enter events months into the future. When those events begin to arrive, and some of that info is "unusual" or of unknown origin, now no one know who to ask about it. They only know for a few days after ... not sure that makes sense.

But thanks. Now I know how to create hallucinations on demand. May be useful.