Sign in to follow this  
jake42

Time Zone of ICAL feed from published calendar

Greetings,

I've tried to subscribe to the ICAL feed from a published calendar which is set for US Central Time at the Trumba end. At the receiving end (the ical viewer in Pageflakes), the events all show up, but are time shifted by five hours later than they should be. I found in a post from a year ago that there was an issue with feeds from published calendars using GMT rather than the published time zone. I don't know if this is what I'm running in to, or if there's something else I can do to have the times show up correctly.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

jake

Hi jake42,

I'm sorry I didn't reply to you on Wed. I'm glad you posted again. It does seem as if you are running into the issue with feeds being in GMT. I signed up on Pageflakes to try this, and I get similar results. I have searched through Pageflakes to see if there was a global time zone setting somewhere, but I couldn't find anything. I think I'm going to have to log this and see what information I can get. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. If I get any other info, I'll post again. Feel free to post on Tuesday if you haven't heard back from me by then.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi again, jake42,

Hope you're still lurking here. One of our developers took a look at this and changed the time zone settings in our export features (including the feeds). The new settings should be available with our weekly release late this week (say late Friday), and they should resolve the problem you're seeing bringing the ICal feed into Pageflakes. Let us know if you still have problems with this after you try the new version.

Jill / Trumba UA