Jean Renaud

Color calendars not the same

IN BRIEF: can you make all my published MIX-IN calendars the same color as their original ones? This was working OK in the past, but I now have a problem with my published colors.

This problem has been there for a few weeks now, but I didn't have time to fix it. This problem happens only for a few calendars using a specific GREEN color + another calendar in GRAY and another one in BLUE. Everything was fine at the beginning when I started to use Trumba 6-9 months ago, but now I have those color problems. It seems it happened when you brought in this new feature of being able to modify the published mix-in calendar colors.

Anyway, see for example my calendar at http://www.trumba.com/calendars/sdaqc_ALL.

- The 4th mix-in indented calendar (that shows in RED over the web) is of a different color than its original GREEN color.

- Same thing for the 11th, 12th and 13th ones (that shows in RED) while their original color is NOT red (11th in blue, and the 2 others with this same GREEN).

- 2 other calendars also below have the same problem.

I don't think I need to specify all the calendars for which the color does NOT match their original one: the examples above explain my problem, and I hope that by fixing this problem, you will fix the other ones.

TAKE NOTE: I've been in the Customize Calendar Colors section. Here's my observations:

- I SUGGEST you put in the Customize Calendar Colors window the color number of each of your default color palette. Since I do not know what are the color codes NUMBERS for the colors palette you are offering when creating a calendar, I cannot enter/modify the faulty calendars: WHICH COLOR NUMBER is the GREEN color of my original calendar?

- I made one modification for one calendar, changing the number of the first column, but was NOT able to see its effect on its counterpart publish calendar over the web: I see the effect on the screen in the Customize Calendar Colors window, but NOT on the web published calendar :-( So, for me, it seems at first glance that this color feature in the Customize Calendar Colors window is NOT working, at least for the first column.

Hi Jean,

We saw your question and did the research on Friday, but won't be able to post a suggested solution most likely till Tuesday (this is a national holiday weekend in the US).

But, I will send you a quick personal message on the matter.

Anne / Trumba Support

Thanks for your reply ... I understand for this coming US holiday.

Madam Anne, you will not believe what I found this evening!

I'm writing to you from my other computer (W2K-English), and guess what? THE COLORS OF SOME CALENDARS HAVE CHANGED AND ARE NO MORE THE SAME!!!!

I'm having right now both computer in front of me:

- the one on which I'm working most of the time (WinXP Pro - French) shows the problem as I explained to you before in me previous post.

- the W2K one shows different colors: kind of a brown-yellow instead of red for the 4th sub-calendar (ADM Hors bureau ...) as well as for the other 11th (ADM Président Enga...), the 12th and the 13th (ADM Vacations) PLUS instead of the white (NO) color for the last (PUB MinTrésorerie), I'm having now a kind of light purple?! Same thing for the 4th one (PUB MinIEÉ TV-TQS) starting from last: should be in white (NO) color, but I see it now in a kind of light purple. There may be a few other calendars showing this problem, but before I start to describe all of them, I'm gonna wait for your answer. Maybe something needs to be re-initialize on your side.

But still: how can those calendars be of different colors on 2 different computers ?!

My initial post was made using the same XP computer, so I could see ON THE SAME COMPUTER with my own eyes that the original calendar color was not the same than the published one. And now, I discover that even on another computer, the colors are different! I'm puzzled :-(

Today's post is, I believe, another type of problem ... Let's try to fix the problem of my initial post. -- Jean.

Hi Jean,

We saw your question and did the research on Friday, but won't be able to post a suggested solution most likely till Tuesday (this is a national holiday weekend in the US).

But, I will send you a quick personal message on the matter.

Anne / Trumba Support

Hi Jean,

I believe Anne is planning to respond to your more recent post, but I just wanted to let you know that I made a chart of the hex values for the event colors in the default Trumba color palette. So if you experiment with custom colors again in the future and hate them, now you can set everything back to what you assigned while you were editing the calendar: Reset calendar colors

Jill / Trumba UA

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Thanks for this info, my friend. -- Jean.

Hi Jean,

I believe Anne is planning to respond to your more recent post, but I just wanted to let you know that I made a chart of the hex values for the event colors in the default Trumba color palette. So if you experiment with custom colors again in the future and hate them, now you can set everything back to what you assigned while you were editing the calendar: Reset calendar colors

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Jean,

Well, I have to thank you for asking about it. Not knowing these values was kind of bugging me, too, so I'm glad you gave us enough of a little nudge to go find the answers! ;)

Jill / Trumba UA

Madam Anne, you will not believe what I found this evening!

I'm writing to you from my other computer (W2K-English), and guess what? THE COLORS OF SOME CALENDARS HAVE CHANGED AND ARE NO MORE THE SAME!!!!

But still: how can those calendars be of different colors on 2 different computers ?!

Hi Jean, thank you for bringing this to our attention!

We did a bit of research on colors...and found that there is both an art and science to selecting the best custom colors for your calendar.

I did a search on "web colors" and found some interesting information. I am posting two of the links for your review. Perhaps you could try viewing the color palettes on your two different computers, and if they appear similar, then set the appropriate hex values in Trumba for your custom colors.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp

http://www.seoconsultants.com/css/colors/web/safe/

Hope this helps. If you discover anything else interesting as you experiment, please do let us know.

Warm regards,

Anne / Trumba Support