Sign in to follow this  
Broadway_Cafe_Society

Formatting calendar

Is there a way to change font styles such as bold, italic? I can't seem to find these options. I publish a calendar of musical theatre events and I would like the name of the event appear in boldface and in a larger point size. I am using the list template.

Here is the link for my calendar:

http://www.trumba.com/calendars/bcs_event_calendar

Hi BCS,

Thanks for posting the link to your calendar! I see what you mean about wanting the event names to be bold. You can use basic HTML commands to format text in the Notes field (or custom single- or multi-line fields that you create). You can read more about it here if you haven't already. But unfortunately the Description and Location fields don't yet support the formatting.

I'll throw out a few thoughts, just in case something either helps or leads to other ideas. What would it look like if you repeated the musical's title in the Notes field and bolded it there, then started the real notes on the next line? I like the List template, but have you tried the Performance template, just in case? It would add a border between each event (although make the page longer). I'm sorry I can't give a better answer for this. We're hoping to get more and more customization of published events, so I'll make sure this is on the request list.

Jill / Trumba UA

I'll take your idea into account.

However, since you are taking suggestions for the request list, I'd like to request being able to remove ANY field from ANY template, not just being able to remove a select few.

Plus, fully customizable coloring of all parts of the calendar. My web pages are against a black background so embedding a calendar that matches my website is not an option for me at this point.

Hi Broadway_Cafe_Society,

I hear you on the full custom colors. A lot of people use dark/black backgrounds, and they have the same issues. We let development know about all of you, and they are working on giving more and more flexibility. I'll add your comments about removing any field you want, too. I don't think that's on the list yet.

Jill / Trumba UA