Jacob

Can visitors submit events?

I'm so excited to have found this product, it seems like it's the cure my website needs.

I own an online event guide, sorted by locality (New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, etc.)

Here's what I need:

1. Ability for my visitors to be able to submit events through a form to any of the local calendars

2. Ability for me, the owner, to review all submissions before they are actually published.

Is this possible with this product?

Thanks

Jacob

That's awesome! Did it cost extra? Also, are you able to proof the events before they go live on the site? Sometimes I want to edit incase of things like mispellings.

It is! As far as I know the feature is only available for paying customers per request (they activate it for your account for you).

I have it set up on my site, check it out ("submit your event") on the top right hand side of our site:

http://www.masswrestling.com

It works pretty great!

That's awesome! Did it cost extra? Also, are you able to proof the events before they go live on the site? Sometimes I want to edit incase of things like mispellings.

No, it doesn't cost extra. My guess is that the feature is still "beta" technically, so I had to ask personally for instructions on how to set it up. And yes, it is possible to "proof" them, the way I have mine set up the events submitted by users end up on a "submitted" calendar. When I approve them, I move them to the "real" calendar, which is what I display on my site.

I'm also guessing in the near future they will make this feature publicly (for paid accounts) available...in the meantime, ask for it.

Edited by MassWrestling.com

Jill, if I sign-up for a premium account will you guys be able to setup the same for me?

Thanks

Jacob

No, it doesn't cost extra. My guess is that the feature is still "beta" technically, so I had to ask personally for instructions on how to set it up. And yes, it is possible to "proof" them, the way I have mine set up the events submitted by users end up on a "submitted" calendar. When I approve them, I move them to the "real" calendar, which is what I display on my site.

I'm also guessing in the near future they will make this feature publicly (for paid accounts) available...in the meantime, ask for it.

Hi Jacob.

You would need to sign up for a premium account to get an event submission form.

Take a look at this Help topic to see how the process works.

Connie / Trumba User Assistance

Thanks Connie, I just signed up for a premium account and sent a request through the online form per the instructions.

Thanks

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Welcome to Trumba and our forums! Looks like Connie and Mike were able to take good care of you over the weekend -- thanks you guys! :)

I'll go look at your other questions. Let us know how the submission form process works out.

Jill / Trumba UA

p.s. In case anyone reading is wondering what the "premium" account being referred to here is, it's just the one that's officially called Trumba Professional (not another account type that's a superset of Pro).

Hey Jill

About how long does it take normally to get this feature setup on my account? I sent in my request yesterday, just curious.

Thanks

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Good question! I haven't been involved with these, so let me check with the developer who does them to see how long it might be. I'll update you tomorrow, hopefully with an estimated date.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hey Jacob,

The form is ready for you to embed into your site. I just emailed you all the details. Have fun!

Jill / Trumba UA

I just noticed Trumba added event submission notification emails. I just got one in my email. Sweet!

It looks like this:

--------------------------------------------

FROM Trumba Event Submission <user.xxxxxx@trumba.com>

TO Massachusetts Wrestling

An event has been submitted to Wrestling Events » Tournaments » Submitted.

NH Beach Wrestling State Tournamnet

When Saturday, August 05, 2006

Where Hampton Beach

Ocean Blvd

Hampton, NH 03842

Notes blah blah removed for brevity in this example

Submitted by XXXXX XXXXX (XXXXXX@nhwrestling.com).

Clicking the event title will take you to the edit form for the event.

Replies to this email will be forwarded to xxxxxxx@nhwrestling.com.

The submitter also gets an email message confirming their submission. They can use a link in the message to delete the event at any time if it's canceled or changed etc.

We've also given people the ability to submit repeating events.

The submitter can also click a Help link on the form to get some help filling out a form. Just fyi, this is the topic they see:

Submit an event using the event submission form.

Connie / Trumba UA

A nice feauture would be if we could get a parenthesis with the number of events currently awaiting approval, so that way I know which calendars to look at.

Example:

Submitted (4)

Hi Jacob,

That would be nice. I'll pass along your idea. Thanks!

Jill / Trumba UA

p.s. Thanks Connie, if you're lurking this week.

Hi Mark,

This is functionality that we hope to make available as a standard feature in our paid offering. In the mean time, we have set up a few Trumba Calendar Professional subscribers with this functionality.

Here is a sample use of an event submission form:

http://www.techeventreview.com

Please check your email for a little more information.

Regards,

Anne / Trumba Support

Guest Anteater

Jill:

I put in a request for a submission form on a new professional account set up on July 21. Have heard nothing back at all. How long does it take or do I need to do something else.

Would appreciate some help on this

Thanks

Anteater

Hi Anteater,

Sorry for the delay. We do have your request and we will be getting back to you soon offline.

Thanks, Nancy / Trumba Support

Guest spikew

How do you contact them? I've tried email and phone ( left message on billing)? I would love to get the Event Submission form started ASAP!!

Hi spikew,

I got your PM, and it looks like you got my response, but for anyone else wondering how to request the form, here's how it works at the moment:

1. Event submission form requests are accepted only from people who have purchased a Trumba Pro account.

2. You can find info about and instructions for requesting submission forms here: Add an event submission form…

Please allow a couple of weeks to complete the process.

I hope that helps!

Jill / Trumba UA

Hey Guys,

I was wondering after I copy and paste the code to the page desired do I have to put in the pid, hash, and calname?

Also can I have two different submit forms?