Diana Garcia-Lavigne

Using new Event Invitation feature causes unwanted display in multiple calendars

I have just begun using the new feature in Trumba that allows event invitations upon event creation. I created several new events last week and invited my colleagues to participate. Today I discovered that those events are now showing up on alarge number of calendars that I did not check the "also shows on" boxes for. The only common thread between those events is that they all include invitations. I created several events that did not include invitations and those seem fine.

I have been testing this to figure out what's going onand discover that eventsare being added to some (but not all) of the invitee's created calendars automatically. So it looks like Trumba automatically added in a number of calendars based on the list of invitees, and then, whenever I get an RSVP, more calendars are added to the list.

This seems like a bug since the invitees are not specifying that these items shouldget added to the calendars.

Thanks!

Edited by Diana Garcia-Lavigne

Hi Diana. Thanks for posting to the forums.

I might be misunderstanding the issue here but if you invite other Trumba account holders to an event, Trumba automatically adds the event to the account holders' primary calendars. The event has a status of Tentative.

Have the people you're inviting shared their calendars with you? This would explain why the event appears as Also Show On those particular calendars.

If people have shared calendars other than their primary calendars with you, the events you invited them to won't automatically show up on those calendars. The event appear automatically only on primary calendars.

Let me know if this explains what you're seeing. If not, we'll try again to figure out what's going on.

thanks.

Connie / User Assistance

Connie - Thanks for replying. Yes, all those other calendars are shared with me. BUT... actually, the event doesn't always show up on their primary calendar only. It occasionally shows up on sub-calendars they have created (regardless of whether or not they RSVP). The other odd thing is that it doesn't appear to be consistent.

I can give you some more specific examples relating to our group offline if you need me to.

Thanks,

Diana

Hi Diana.

I should clarify that the event will show up on the invitees calendars before they RSVP. It shows up there right when it is sent. They have the option of deleting the event or, if they RSVP and accept, changing the status from Tentative to Busy.

What you're describing about events showing up on subcalendars (not just the primary calendar) does sound unexpected. The only thing I would want to confirm there before thinking it sounds like a bug is that it isn't a case of the primary calendar being mixed in to the subcalendars, making the event look like it's showing up on the subcalendar.

If it isn't a case of calendars being mixed in, it probably is a good idea for you to send some additional details to support at corp.trumba.com.

Thanks Diana. Sorry the weird behavior.

Connie -

I think I will send an email to support... events are getting added to the calendars of people who haven't even been invited to teh meeting, anditappears they are getting added to non-primary calendars. It would be great to have the option (as an event organizer) as to whether or not an event should automatically show on someone's primary calendar as tentative. In our group, some people's primary calendars manage events for our entire program (like truck rentals or aircraft charters). It's odd to have an invitation to attend in a staff meeting or interview a job applicant show up in a web-published calendar dedicated to managing flight schedules.

Best,

Diana

Edited by Diana Garcia-Lavigne

Hi Diana. Yes, please send us an email with some account information. It sounds like weird things are happening.

I can add your request about having events show up on primary calendars be optional to our feature request list.

Thanks.

Connie