Can an email be sent only when I add or edit events?

I've been very busy evaluating the calendar and I think it's an awesome product. I've also been very pleased with your quick responses to all of my questions and issues so far.

I have set up a "social justice alerts" calendar in addition to the regular church calendar. The SJA calendar is published with the news template, and looks great embedded in the page. I would like people to be able to subscribe themselves to the calendar, which seems to mean that I have to set up an email schedule. However, I don't want to send out the calendar on any particular schedule. I just want emails to go out when when I update the calendar (or publish it, or some other trigger that says "I've added a new alert and I want people to know about it.")

As you discovered, there isn't a way to let people subscribe to your email list unless you have an email schedule. The best option I can think of is to set up the most infrequent schedule (monthly), but still send one-time emails when you want to update people. It's not ideal, but the only other thing I can think of involves adding a blurb to the web page that tells people how to contact you if they want to receive the calendar email. It would all have to be done manually (for every request, someone would have to go into Trumba and add the addresses to the distribution list).

https://www.trumba.com/help/subscribe.aspx