akalli

Event item modifications

This may seem silly, but it would be really nice to be able to change the word 'RSVP' the users click to sign up for an event. If what we want to do is post our training classes and make them available to whoever wants to sign up, then the wording RSVP just doesn't make sense to me. "Enroll now" or "Sign up" seems more appropriate and easier for the people signing up to understand what they need to click.

Also, if we put a limit to the number of people that can register for a class and the maximum gets reached, it would be great for the word "Full" to be displayed prior to the time the user clicks RSVP. Ideally it would be displayed at the beginning of the Title or subject, where it's very obvious to the user. I do understand that if we would like to make waiting lists available, then we would want the users to click on the link for the full class.

Can either of these be accomplished now?

I'll answer the second one first about what people who are signing up for an event see when the registration limit is reached.

If you set a registration limit when you set you the event invitation, you can also choose to create a wait list.

If you don't create a wait list and someone tries to sign up after the registration limit has been reached, they see in red text in the event action RSVP form that the event is full.

If you do create a wait list and someone tries to sign up after the registration limit has been reached, they see in red text in the event action RSVP form that the event is full and they can sign up for the wait list.

I just tried this out and the red text is definitely appearing in the sign up form. The key is to be sure and set a registration limit. If you have set a limit and you know for sure that people are not seeing the messages that the event is full when the sign up limit is reached, let us know and we can explore what might be going on.

If you haven't already looked through the help for invitations, you might take a look at a couple of the topics:

How to invite people to events

How to manage responses to invitations and bookings

For your first point about having the response text say something besides RSVP, you can actually control not only the text that appears on the Sign Up button, but also Waitlist, Event is Full and Event is Closed. You can also control the button link and hover colors. The settings can be found under Publish>Calendar Spuds tab and then locate the Main Calendar spud and select Edit Settings & Styles. From here you will see a tab to the right that states Sign-up Buttons. Click on that tab and here you can do further customization.